Analytics Solutions and Application Development ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 182219BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/22/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
This position is responsible for managing small project teams to rapid prototype and build production scaled applications using a blend of self-service tools (Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, etc) and custom coded solutions (C#, Java, Python, etc). These solutions will be integrated into a seamless, one-tool end user experience that is defined and build by this team. In addition, this role will be critical in ensuring process alignment to the tool architecture vision and identifying potential tool gaps that we need to fill either through FOS/COTS solutions or through custom coding.
This role is a mix between an individual contributor as a developer and taking on some Scum Master responsibilities to lead, align, and mentor working teams. This role relies on a Supply Chain, or Process Improvement background with significant experience working with application development and analytics. The ideal candidate has a thorough business foundation with a passion for Analytics and Technology that has translated into a career path. The team is a non-traditional development team and developers are expected to work in capacity as a requirements analyst, project manager, UI/UX designer, developer, and QA engineer. Additionally, this role will require a person capable of designing system architectures to resolve big Supply Chain issues and executing on their vision.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Creating and maintaining a robust digital thread for supply chain data
• Guiding small teams to develop well defined deliverables in support of a larger end-to-end vision
• Identify required technical resources to support requirements
• Collaborate with other tools teams to maintain a market assessment of new automation, analytics, and application capabilities.
• Use of Alteryx, R, Python, or other tools to transform and characterize data in support of application/analytics solutions
• Rapidly assess and prototype COTS/FOS software to determine how they can plug in to the solution roadmap
• Use of Tableau or Power BI to create dashboards
• Managing the Alteryx Server Environment
• Assisting Supply Chain in the adoption of AGILE principles and tools
• JIRA Administration and development to support a tailored team experience
Responsibilities can be tailored to match interests to a certain extent. However this is a working role, you will be expected to be an agile developer in many of the tool sets identified. A passion for learning and/or creating analytics insights through application/dashboard creating is critical to success in this role. As a Rapid Prototype team, willingness to fill multiple roles, and significant attention to detail is critical.
• 8 years related experience is required
• Alteryx Intermediate (equivalent knowledge to the Intermediate certification with demonstrated application)
• Experience working with Supply Chain processes and tools
• Experience guiding small technical teams to develop applications
• Passion for process automation, analytics, and application creating
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to explain technical tools and issues to a non-technical audience and take non-technical inputs and translate them into technical specs
• Working in an undefined solution space to self-identify value opportunities
• Self-motivated and takes on challenges with minimal direction and has an innate work ethic to over-deliver
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to apply critical thinking to make connections between data elements that may not be apparently correlated
• Ability and desire to become an authority in data transformation and/or visualization tools
• Ability to understand business process flows and value stream maps and align application development with process
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Ability to apply critical thinking techniques, using logic and reasoning to identify approaches to problems, and the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
• Program Manager, Product Owner, or Scrum Master experience
• Proficient in SQL, ODBC, and relational database design and implementation
• Alteryx Advanced (equivalent knowledge to Advanced Certification with demonstrated application)
• Functional Experience in Supply Chain (Acquisitions, Material Management, etc)
• Basic capabilities creating dashboards in Tableau or Power BI
• JIRA Administrator (custom views, schemas, integration with apps, etc)
• SAP/BW Reporting Experience
• Experience in data mining, structuring, and analyzing information
• Machine Learning, predictive modeling, or web scraping experience
• Six Sigma, DMAIC or other formal process improvement methodology training
• Experience working in the AGILE framework
MS / BS / BA with a major in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Data Science, Computer Science, or other related field OR Military experience may substitute for some requirements. Military technical certification credit for military experience (* military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service versus civilian training)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.