2021 Summer Intern - Technical Writer (Junior, Senior, PostGrad)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Job ID 169294BR Date posted 10/01/2020 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence & Space is looking for a highly motivated College Student Intern to support Raytheon's Whole Life Engineering Technical Writing Team.
Our Technical Writing Team in El Segundo, CA is seeking current college students for summer 2021 internship. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone with well-developed written and verbal communication skills to begin a career in the aerospace-defense engineering environment supporting state-of-the art technology through development of hardware and software technical documentation for end-user operator installation, assembly, maintenance manuals using Extensible Markup Language (XML) and training materials.
The individual will work with other technical writers, and system engineering organizations collecting and documenting system architecture, and developing applicable support in Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) in accordance with defined standards and contractual requirements. The individual must be well-organized self-starter, able to work in a team environment, have good communication and technical skills, and professionally interact with other organizations. Assist in developing and authoring utilizing XML to support technical manual development.
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
This position can be a Salary Grade of G04 or G05 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- G04 (College Junior by Summer 2021) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Summer 2021) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Summer 2021) - must have an undergraduate degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a graduate degree program
Security Clearance & Other Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Completed course work in computer programming languages, such as Java, C#, C++, HTML, etc.
- Proficient with Windows-based operating systems and Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well both as part of a team or as an individual.
- Ability to manage multiple short-term projects simultaneously.
Must be enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or closely related field by Summer 2021. Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.