Test EngineerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01471999 Most Recent Date Posted 09/30/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Product Safety, Certification & Validation Test Engineering Organization is seeking a highly-motivated, creative, energetic, hands-on ground test engineer to support experimental military and commercial jet engine test activities.
This will be an onsite position in our East Hartford, Connecticut office.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of validation programs, testing, and instrumentation requirements for engine development. Possess ability to work under pressure in a high paced environment.
- Work in a team environment to ensure test operations readiness and flawless execution of test vehicle plan, tests and inspections. He/she will interface with CIPTs and Systems engineers to ensure test requirements are being met on time and within budget.
- Participate in daily task coordination, cross functional teams, troubleshooting, test stand direction, and execution of developmental and endurance testing.
- Candidate will be expected to provide innovative solutions to test requirements, often in a high-pressure environment while working with minimum supervision.
- Opportunity to join a talented and diverse multi-disciplinary organization while working with highly skilled hourly and salaried employees, as well as partners and customers.
- Support programs including but not limited to F119, F135, APU, Advanced and Geared Turbofan.
- Frequent off-shift coverage and ability to flex schedule to cover weekends (approximately 25%) is required to support 24/7 test operations.
- Position requires periodic travel to offsite test locations within the United States and occasional travel to test sites around the world.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of prior relevant experience in jet engine hardware, assembly, and/or testing or 1+ years with an advanced degree.
- US Person Status required due to government contract.
- 2 + years of experience in working validation engine projects.
- Flexibility to adapt to fluid customer requirements, priorities, and schedules.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivation to help plan and execute required tasks and lead a team to achieve significant goals with little outside direction.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team on major validation and/or process improvement projects.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement tools (ACE/CORE) to drive process improvements leading to increased customer satisfaction.
- Familiarity with PC based system.
- Team center experience.
- SAP experience.
- ACE Associate Certification and/or working towards certification.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms