System Safety and Reliability EngineerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01479690 Most Recent Date Posted 11/16/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Engineering Product Integrity has an opening for a System Safety and Reliability Engineer to work on the next generation of Pratt & Whitney (P&W) aircraft engines.
The System Safety and Reliability Engineer will lead efforts to analyze the system design and establish requirements that drive safety and reliability into the design to ensure the safety of P&W products is world class. Also, the selected candidate will be responsible for technical development of analysis that demonstrates that the system design meets safety and reliability requirements and serves as evidence for certification and/or acceptance by the regulator or acquiring authority.
Key Responsibilities: (include, but are not limited to the following)
- Work with engineers throughout the organization, evaluate systems interactions across the entire propulsion system, to ensure designs incorporate the safety features required to enable certification.
- Support integration activities and reviews with internal and external customers, and air system contractors and certification authorities.
- Support P&W Integrated Product Teams, Chief Engineer, Airframe manufacturers, Suppliers, and Customers in reviewing, assessing, and influencing engine designs to optimize safety-related metrics and assure safety certification requirements (CFR 14 or equivalent Parts 33 and 25 or Mil-Std-882) are met.
- Lead Safety and Reliability customer technical interchange meetings, Safety Working Group Meetings, driving reliability and safety in subsystem Integrated Product Team (IPT), Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) and System Integrated Product Team (SIPT) integration activities and reviews with internal and external customers and air system contractors.
- Contribute to reliability and safety design requirements based on derivation of the customer specification, creating reliability, maintainability/human factors and safety design assessment artifacts in accordance with engineering standard work.
- Monitor the status of Reliability and Safety metrics to identify emerging issues and adverse trends, working with the responsible IPTs/CIPTs/Customer Support Engineering to identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Develop high quality reliability and safety artifacts such as Failure Modes Effects and Critical Analysis (FMECA), Reliability and Safety Metric Prediction Models and Sub-System Hazard Analysis.
- Support the Product Assurance Manager in meeting budget commitments, Project Planning, Earned Value Analysis and Reporting.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant professional engineering experience OR
- Advanced Degree Engineering or related field and 5+ years of prior relevant professional engineering experience.
- This is an onsite position working at our East Hartford, CT campus.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Able to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance.
- Experience with military aircraft and or engine engineering processes is preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools and electronic databases to perform quantitative reliability and safety analysis is required.
- Must have good written and oral presentation skills and the ability to lead projects from the planning phase through execution.
- Active US Government Security Clearance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms