Sustainment MRB Discipline ChiefBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01422493 Most Recent Date Posted 04/18/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Successful candidate will be responsible for the discipline health of the Aftermarket/Sustainment Operations MRB process which includes writing and maintaining procedures and standard work as well as improving the technical proficiency of its practitioners. This position draws on the Quality systems, the OEM MRB processes and the customer contractual requirement bodies of knowledge as the basis for proficiency and works with all Quality and Engineering sub-disciplines to apply it to PW MESO systems and applications.
Position responsibilities include:
• Leading organization in ensuring product and process compliance by providing guidance and direction with regards to MRB process requirements, practitioners, process and documentation
• Working closely with PWA MESO broad customer base including JPO, CONUS and OCONUS sites, CLS sites and HMCs
• Working closely with other Quality discipline fellows and chiefs for integration with OEM MRB process with the standard work and IT processes
• Effectively communicate project status and process improvements to Leadership.
• Drive product and process improvements that ensure quality metric reporting goals are met (Escapes, Scrap, Rework and Process Cert)
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement through the use of ACE tools to implement change that sustains ACE Gold performance
• Drive use of a CAB methodology for root cause/corrective action
• Lead the implementation of new technologies that achieve process, reliability and productivity improvements
BS Engineering or equivalent. Experienced with MRB and previous MRB board members preferred
Work Experience Requirements:
Creating and editing standard work
Training and mentoring quality professional to achieve proficiency
Familiar with Aerospace Quality Standards
BS Technical Degree
MS Technical Degree preferred
10+ years supporting Quality, Manufacturing or Engineering.
A solid understanding of manufacturing and quality systems and processes at Pratt & Whitney, and experience with on-line business systems such as SAP and Solumina is required.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
UTC Aerospace Quality Specifications (e.g., ASQR-01, ASQR-09.2, ASQR-20.1) experience preferred.
The exact work location of this job is flexible. The applicant should expect to spend significant time in Oklahoma City while training and interacting with the MESO leadership team. Travel is expected to be between 30 and 50% to account for visits to the various Sustainment sites. The candidate should be comfortable and productive working onsite as well as remotely in support of business objectives
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms