Supplier Quality EngineerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01480158 Most Recent Date Posted 10/14/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
- Understand and execute key aspects of overseeing and assuring Supplier Quality to achieve best-in-class Supplier Quality, delivery and service.
- Create and maintain key relationships with Suppliers’ Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as PW Engineering, Procurement and support organizations.
- Collect/Compile data and drive Continuous improvement initiatives at the Supplier in reaction to escapes, and in support of reduced cost and lead-time; Develop and impart Continuous improvement activities.
- Research and investigate complex systems in support of Investigation activity.
- Facilitate Supplier’s RCCA investigations.
- Coordinate RCCA among PW Engineering, Operations and Supplier Quality.
- Validate Engineering changes for Quality.
- Support Procurement and other P&W Internal & External Customers.
- Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years prior quality experience in engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace
relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and 5+ years prior quality experience in engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace relevant experience.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Knowledgeable / experienced in AS9100 / ISO 9001 Quality systems.
- Working knowledge/ proficiency in Quality tools such as FAI, PFMEA, DFMEA, GR&R, GD&T elements, etc.
- Experienced in driving Corrective Actions and eliminating non-conformances at the Supplier level.
- Practical CORE/Six Sigma experience or other Lean Systems experience a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels of the organization.
- A strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement.
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Extremely organized and able to work more than one issue at a time.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms