Supplier Quality Engineer - MSENBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01424902 Most Recent Date Posted 05/15/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The MSEN (Mechanical Systems Externals and Nacelles) Supplier Quality team is responsible for working closely with our Suppliers to ensure we deliver high-Quality parts that meet our Customer's dynamic needs. As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will provide support to the Global Supply Chain organization relative to improvement of Suppliers' Quality, as well as providing Quality interface, expertise and support to Suppliers and peer organizations. This position at our East Hartford CT Facility will have you engaging in a high-impact role in one of the most dynamic and exciting manufacturing facilities in the company.
• Understand and execute key aspects of overseeing and assuring Supplier Quality to achieve best-in-class Supplier Quality, delivery and service while acting as the primary Quality Engineer on a limited number of Suppliers.
• Create and maintain key relationships with Suppliers’ Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as PW Engineering, Procurement, and support organizations.
• Collect/Compile data and drive Continuous improvement initiatives at the Supplier in reaction to escapes, and in support of reduced cost and lead-time.
• Require suppliers to find root cause and implement corrective / preventative action (RCCA) on all escapes and high pain recurring quality issues.
• Support Procurement, CIPT, and other P&W Customers.
• Coordinate Product Resolution Teams among PW Engineering, Mod Centers and Supplier Quality.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of quality experience in engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace
• US citizenship required due to government contracts
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be highly motivated and self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
• Must be able to demonstrate ability and willingness to own quality performance metrics and drive the world class quality culture.
• Must be able to request/interpret data from part prints/specifications, and then process that data into meaningful information on process capability.
• Must have excellent Organizational Skills and ability to work independently.
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, must have demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout the organization.
• Computer skills – Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, Teams
• Practical ACE/Six Sigma experience a plus.
• Experience with SAP and other IT Quality systems a plus.
• Understanding of AS9100 / ISO 9001 Quality systems a plus.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms