Steel/Nickel Alloys & Joining EngineerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01444266 Most Recent Date Posted 06/13/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Materials and Processes Engineering (MPE) organization in East Hartford, CT is seeking a subject matter expert in steel alloys, nickel alloys, and joining processes such as brazing, inertia bonding, and linear friction welding. This role will support the development and execution of product strategy, provide support to address technical field technical issues, and drive technologies for future engine programs.
The candidate will become part of a highly focused team in a high technology, fastpace and technically challenging environment.
The candidate’s technical responsibilities will include:
- Development of next generation FDSG technologies and support of design system design requirements through close collaboration with the IPTs.
- Address technical field issues related to gears, bearings, external components, and associated subsystems within the engine.
- Work with internal and external testing sources to support bearing and gear fatigue life extension test programs and design data generation.
- Work with the Support to Operations organization to support investigation and disposition of non-conformances related to steel alloys and hardware
- Work with the IPTs to: improve product yield, develop and execute cost reduction initiatives, and support the qualification of new sources.
- Develop and execute technology development plans related to joining processes and technologies in conjunction with other SMEs in engineering and operations.
- Support the development of standard work related to the steel and joining sub-discipline.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured in new knowledge management system for alloy and application related learnings.
- Work with the Alloys Discipline chief to mentor and develop next generation of subject matter experts
- Work with Alloys Manager and Discipline chief to conduct ATTR reviews on active programs and technologies.
- Work with Alloys Discipline Chief to develop and teach ETU course materials as required to educate the broader engineering and quality communities in steel technologies.
- 15% travel is required
- BS in Engineering, Material Science, chemical engineering, or aerospace engineering
- 12+ years of engineering experience or 10+ years with an advance degree
- US Citizenship due to government contracts
- Ph. D or Master of Science or Engineering in materials science or related discipline
- 8 years of aerospace industry experience
- Prior experience of suppliers approvals to expedite new sources qualification
- Demonstrated program management skills and previous execution of multidisciplinary projects within the IPT structure at P&W.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms