Spclst, Qlty AssuranceBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01447910 Most Recent Date Posted 06/13/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Quality Assurance Customer Support Specialist, Pratt and Whitney Group Quality
1st shift position (currently 100% remote and working from home due to COVID)
Mission and Leaders Intent
The Mission of the QACS team is to ensure P&W’s Quality signature is sustained and exceeds our customer expectations by partnering and collaborating with the Value Streams and Module Centers on quality customer returned material to ensure robust root cause and corrective actions.
The Quality Assurance Customer Support (QACS) Team within the Pratt and Whitney Group Quality organization manages the investigation process for approximately 1900 Customer concerns/complaints per year across military and commercial programs. The QACS team manages complaints through the process to closure. As part of this process the QACS team coordinates with quality engineers in the module centers who investigate the complaints, have the hardware dispositioned, and perform a root cause and corrective action analysis before QACS will concur with the findings and close out the investigation after reporting the findings back to the customer facing teams for the external customer.
The role of the QACS specialist is:
- To be the liaison between the customer facing teams and the quality engineering investigation teams to ensure that investigations are following process, are completed in a timely way and result in robust Root Cause Corrective Action for the external customer
- Mentor the module center investigators through the investigation and RCCA process
- Ensure true root cause is identified and corrective action is robust
- Mentor the clinics on usage of the customer complaint dashboard metrics to help drive complaint turnaround time down
- Follow up with the customer facing teams in order to ensure timely return of hardware for investigation and to report back on the findings of the complaint investigation
- Lead process improvement for customer complaint investigation process to continually improve process speed, efficiency, clarity, and compliance
- Identify systemic drivers and opportunities and put teams together to tackle implementation of those opportunities which will drive complaint escapes down
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Review of shop cosmetic defects for disposition of QN’s based on customer experience and projected acceptance
- Maintain accurate procedures, standard work and training material for the QACS process
- Monitor customer complaint metrics to drive down QN closure times
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience working in Quality or a related technical role within manufacturing, procurement, operations or customer support OR 3+ years of experience working in Quality or a related technical role within manufacturing, procurement, operations or customer support with an Advanced Degree
- Proficient in Root Cause and Corrective Action
- US Citizen
- BS in Engineering preferred
- Proficient in SAP P10
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- A strong knowledge in SAP, QN tasking, management and closure
- Strong knowledge of the MRB process
- Ability to deploy ACE/CORE tools to drive key business process evolution and improvement
- Ability to mentor and teach robust root cause and corrective action analysis
- Basic understanding of the Quality and Module Center organization and ability to build relationships and network across organizations
- Ability to interface with any level of Management
- Ability to lead by influence
- Effective Communication Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong focus on results
- MS Office proficiency: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of various engine programs and components
- Engineering/Technical skills (Drawing interpretation, understanding nonconformances, Manufacturing/Assembly etc.)
- Willingness to learn customer contractual and regulatory requirements
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms