Shop Floor ControlBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01447280 Most Recent Date Posted 06/14/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Hot Section Module Center (HSMC) organization has an open position for Shop Floor Control in HSMC North. This position will have general oversight of these operations and responsibilities include execution of material movement and systems, lead mentoring and training of unionized personnel, and procurement ownership to consumables and services. You will lead and handle value stream transformation initiatives regarding strategic materials management architecture and implementation of lean release strategies, handling methods, kitting strategies and transportation methods. The ideal candidate will be working directly with Hot Section Module Center (HSMC) administration, materials, operations and as well as the internal manufacturing groups to assist in redefining processes, execution on business requirements and delivery to customer expectations. The selected candidate will provide leadership and direction with emphasis on change management. Additionally, communicate effectively, understand the manufacturing environment and display business insight. Successful person will excel at forward thinking and ensure that HSMC is transforming to meet the customer demands of a difficult manufacturing environment.
• Execute process and oversee activities through multiple organizations
• Establish standards and expectations for work effort and performance. Give constant feedback on performance to those standards.
• Lead a team of unionized material operators
• Implement lean manufacturing measures to ensure value streams and shop operations are stabilized at all times and/or to be able to identify areas of opportunity quickly
• Communicate effectively with internal and external organizations to ensure the business is meeting customer demand
• Establish system architecture designs that take into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Engineering, Business and 5+ years of operations experience and/or in a shop environment OR advanced degree and 3+ years of operations experience and/or in a shop environment
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Highly motivated individual who enjoys operating in a dynamic environment and who enjoys the challenges of process improvement and “lean” manufacturing initiatives.
- Success working in a high energy and fast paced manufacturing environment with the ability to adapt to changing business conditions. Must be team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan projects and to use written/verbal/analytical/org skills to influence business objectives.
- Strong communication skills required: ability to present concepts, obtain information and work with cross-functional teams, excellent oral and written skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely • Candidates should be highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
- Excellent leadership, communication, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of materials management strategies, lean manufacturing system design, shop floor management execution, and continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing,
- Customer Oriented Results and Excellence (CORE) and Quality Control Process Charts (QCPC).
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms