Non Destructive Testing (NDT) SpecialistBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01441543 Most Recent Date Posted 05/15/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
The Quality and Process Engineering (Q&PE) organization is looking for a Non Destructive Testing (NDT) Specialist who will work with suppliers and partners to develop and continuously improve NDT systems within the company and in our supply base. The successful candidate will combine technical experience and demonstrated success working with etch inspection methods. As a member of the Q&PE NDT team, you will perform supplier and in-house NDT audits and drive process improvements using the ACE operating system. Travel may be up to 30%.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years of experience in engineering, quality and/or manufacturing areas OR High School Diploma/equivalent and 9+ years of experience in engineering, quality and/or manufacturing areas
- Currently hold or able to obtain a NDT Level 3 in one or more NDT methods
- Experience in etch applications and processing
- Experience with training, personnel testing and auditing NDT systems
- Experience that includes a background in establishing NDT and general quality systems and NDT methods such as fluorescent penetrant inspection and magnetic particle inspection
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing operations
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate leadership skills
- Demonstrated leadership of multi-discipline teams and projects
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management, internal and external customers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to facilitate and motivate teams
- Knowledge and experience with root cause and process control tools
- Experience with ACE tools, SAP and Microsoft suite
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Ability to create positive relationships
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms