Metrology Engineer - CMM and Inspection AutomationBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01422870 Most Recent Date Posted 05/07/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt and Whitney has a unique opportunity for a position in our core Metrology group. The Pratt and Whitney Metrology team provides expertise, consults, assistance, standards, guidelines and education as it relates to inspection. This group plans to expand into technology development with a focus on automated analysis and programming support for our new Asheville, North Carolina facility. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone looking to grow in the industry and have an impact across the Pratt and Whitney organization.
- Programming CMMs
- Writing analysis scripts for CMM and non-contact inspection devices
- inspection related to closed-loop machining
- Occasional direct measurements of artifacts/parts in our lab
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 5 years of metrology experience OR an Advanced Degree and minimum 3 years metrology experience.
- 5+ years of CMM Programming Experience
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 10+ years of metrology experience
- Aerospace industry experience
- Specific skills required are a combination of some or all of the following: MODUS, CAMIO, PC-DMIS, GOM, POLYWORKS, GEOMAGIC, PYTHON, R-STUDIO, MINITAB, NX, CALYPSO.
- Other key skills are knowledge of GD&T per ASMEY14.5, calibration systems per ANSIZ540.3, and measurement system analysis.
- Must be comfortable working in a shop environment AND presenting in technical meetings.
- Ability to mentor one-on-one, and to teach in a classroom or via zoom is a big plus.
This person will be expected to travel up to 20% (post COVID travel-restrictions)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms