Metallurgical Testing AnalystBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01443379 Most Recent Date Posted 05/07/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Pratt & Whitney Quality & Process Engineering (Q&PE) organization is seeking an energetic, entry level contributor to support the East Hartford Q&PE Metallurgical Test Group. The Q&PE Metallurgical Test Group is responsible for metallurgical testing and validation to blue print and specification requirements of various aerospace raw materials and finished parts.
- Perform microstructural analyses related to the evaluation of aerospace materials for compliance to standards.
- Possess a strong work ethic; the ability to work independently, and prioritize work flow, is critical.
- Provide clear, concise, and accurate lab reports.
- Interact effectively with customers at all levels.
- B.S. degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, or related field.
- Prior metallurgical laboratory experience, and understanding of lab protocols
- A willingness to put the customer first is crucial, as this position periodically requires extra effort to satisfy our manufacturing customers.
- Other skills which are important are the ability to interface with customers, problem solving, computer skills, good communication, and organizational skills.
US Citizenship required due to government contracts
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms