Mechanical System Servicer/ MechanicBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01419776 Most Recent Date Posted 04/16/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer’s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Do you have the experience to join our team? We are currently seeking Mechanical Systems Servicers for 1st shift positions to work at our headquarters in East Hartford, CT.
You will be an integral part to the continued success of Pratt & Whitney's renowned engines. In this role, you will not only help to build our components but you will be creating them!
You should have the following experience:
- Experience with mechanical repair and maintenance of vacuum furnaces, bonding presses and CNC equipment.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical systems, repairing spindle alignments, setting squareness of a machine and checking for positioning accuracy. Vacuum leak detection, preventive maintenance and repair of hydraulic, pneumatic and vacuum systems.
- Experience with Ipsen/Abar furnaces, bonding equipment, Cincinnati mills and Giddings and Lewis milling machines.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley, Fanuc, and Siemens controls.
- Utilize hand and pneumatic tools to modify/repair parts, Install new or repair/modify hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Improve reliability and uptime of equipment and proactively approach equipment issues with a preventive maintenance mentality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 3+ years of related experience in machine maintenance
- 2 year Technical degree or equivalent in related discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic diagrams, schematics, drawings, performance specifications, and operating requirements of industrial manufacturing equipment to include CNC multipurpose electronic and/or electro-mechanical control systems.
- Prior experience with machine maintenance such as: operating CNC machines through cycles to check mechanical portion of electronic and/or electro-mechanical systems, detecting variations from specifications, analyzing results of tests to locate and determine the cause of the malfunction, modifying and adjusting settings to related equipment in order to properly align mechanical systems, repairing faulty components.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms