HPC Systems SpecialistBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01403465 Date posted 12/11/2020 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
High Performance Computing (HPC) brings together state of the art computing and applications to test and optimize products virtually before and after they are built, optimizing factors like performance, cost, weight, life, and time on wing throughout the product lifecycle.
HPC includes traditional Digital Technology elements such as computing platforms, networking, hosting, and applications. It also requires extensive collaboration with engineering practitioners, and vendor partners. Specific projects that the successful candidate may participate in or own include:
- Definition, acquisition, installation, and go-live of a high performance computing systems
- Expansion of P&W’s Cloud HPC capabilities for engineering simulation, Machine learning, and part dispositioning
- Collecting data and optimizing HPC operations
Other projects will be added based on candidate’s capabilities
☒ Agile Methodology
☒ User Centric Design
☒ System Architecture
☒ Customer Engagement
☒ Change Management
☒ Project Management
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the organization, including with engineers, Digital Technologies practitioners and leadership, and suppliers.
- Strong organizational, interpretation, problem solving, and time management skills, including strong and efficient multi-tasking capability.
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, and able to effectively lead efforts.
- Attention to detail, deadlines and reporting. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to evaluate technical solutions and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Desire to learn and understand the Engineering and Aftermarket businesses
Linux and programming experience strongly desired
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms