F135 RAF Marham U.K. Field Hardware CSEBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01441809 Most Recent Date Posted 05/05/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So- calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney’s F135 engine program that powers the F-35 Lightning II is currently seeking a highly motivated, self-starting Customer Technical Support candidate for the F135 RAF Marham United Kingdom Field operation site. The candidate will provide onsite support at the RAF Marham U.K. field site. The position will interface with the RAF Marham base P&W team and the UK Airforce Customer team at RAF Marham field site. A wide variety of daily tasks are to be supported within the following categories.
- Provide timely responses to numerous technical questions related to Engine/Module hardware to ensure uninterrupted daily flight operations.
- Assist RAF Marham Unit level site with responding to Action Requests (AR) questions related to Engine/module hardware.
- Support and maintenance policy Type and Continuing airworthiness queries, life extensions, lifing policy, Data Quality and Integration Management (DQIM) queries, Time Compliance Technical Directives (TCTDs), system integrity, incident/ accident support, Safety Case/ Safety Assessment, Risk to Life (RtL), hazard analysis, Air Safety and Environmental Safety.
- Support urgent and critical customer flight operations, author presentations, logistics assessments, position papers, and support engineering investigations, as well as answering issues related to Joint Technical Data (JTD)
- Work closely with module hardware CSE owner to coordinate technical issue resolution among Lockheed Martin, P&W Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT), Component Aftermarket Integrated Product Team (CAIPT), Logistics Program Management (LPM), and Joint Program Office (JPO) customer
- Maintain flexibility to resolve constantly changing customer priorities
- Assist in driving P&W Engineering intent as well as corrective actions into the fleet
- Support maintenance and operations on the F135 engine.
- Drive customer satisfaction by influencing the Joint Technical Data.
- Identify RAF Marham site support system issues and brainstorm proactive solutions to meet the customer's needs.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in supporting Unit PW-Logistics Program Management, PW-Global Services Engineers, Quality/Operations, government customers, and program office.
- Drive plans and resolutions for issues affecting Unit engine readiness and customer satisfaction
- Present major issues and solutions to the program management team
The assignment start date onsite at RAF Marham UK end of 3rd to beginning of the 4th Qtr. 2021.
Relocation will be in accordance with RTX policies for international assignees.
Must be willing to flex work schedule to support business as needed.
Must be able to obtain/maintain required work permits, must be able to obtain a government security clearances and access.
There may be some travel based on business needs – to be determined
Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or related technical field
Bachelor's degree in a related field; technical degree preferred
3+ years related experience
F135 engine build experience
Knowledge or direct experience working with jet engine unit operations preferred
2+ years of experience of military engine knowledge and experience
Experience using technical data, drawings and requirements.
Good work ethic with solid problem-solving ability.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms