Engine Health Management (EHM) EngineerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01473313 Most Recent Date Posted 10/17/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So- calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Mobility Programs Fleet Operations team is responsible for the on-wing support and monitoring of the C-17, KC-46 and C-390 fleets of military aircraft. As a key member of the Mobility Programs Logistics team, the Engine Health Management (EHM) Engineer will be responsible for the support of the C-17 fleets by monitoring the health of over 1300 F117 engines in the United States Air Force fleet and those operated by foreign governments. Additionally, this individual will work closely with KC-46 and C-390 program management to ensure that on-wing monitoring capabilities are developed and ready for initial aircraft Entry Into Service.
- review engine performance trending parameters and other data to assess overall fleet health
- identify problem engines and/or adverse fleet reliability or performance trends
- support field and test cell issues in engine health analysis and troubleshooting of engine abnormalities
- partner with IT to develop/maintain ADEM and enhancements, and work to develop and improve proactive engine health monitoring capabilities
- assist Flight Safety in analysis of field-related events
- estimate and respond to Request For Proposal (RFP) tasks related to Fleet Operations
- team with Boeing and our USAF customer as part of the Engine Management Team to maximize engine Time On-Wing while minimizing unscheduled maintenance in order to reduce weapons system life cycle costs
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience working closely with Pratt & Whitney internal and external customers and enablers
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain secret clearance due to government contract
- Previous F117, PW2000 or large commercial engine experience
- Prior experience working directly with the external customer and/or previous USAF experience
- Knowledge of engine performance analysis, diagnostic & trending tools and techniques
- Self-motivated with the ability to work and innovate with limited oversight
- Strong computer skills including expertise with MS Excel, and knowledge of or desire to learn data visualization tools and programming languages including Python, SQL, and Visual Basic
- Strong desire to succeed and pursue personal growth and developmental opportunities
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms