Eng I, Systems EngrgBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01482999 Most Recent Date Posted 10/25/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Product Safety, Certification & Validation is part of the Systems Engineering Organization within Pratt & Whitney (P&W) Engineering. PSCV is responsible for the planning and execution of development jet engine systems. PSCV is comprised of the disciplines needed to test P&W engines. This position is located in either our Middletown or East Hartford CT facilities.
This position in PSCV is part of the Engineering Development Program at Pratt & Whitney. The Engineering Development Program, or EDP, is a multiyear program for new college hires that has been implemented to: 1) accelerate technical capability through substantive work rotations focused in specific disciplines; and 2) connect EDP participants with a network of technical resources & engineering experts. This starting assignment is for the development test engineering organization responsible for validation test execution of commercial or military engines.
The EDP offers new employees the opportunity to rotate through assignments in PSCV providing comprehensive systems engineering and test process learning.
The EDP structure for PSCV is as follows:
- The EDP is a two-year professional curriculum consisting of three 8-month rotations through participating PSCV Disciplines.
- The rotation assignments include, but are not limited to: Ground Test Engineering, Assembly Engineering, Analysis Engineering, Measurement Systems Engineering, Test Systems Engineering, Development Flight Test Engineering and Test Operations Engineering.
- Upon completion of the EDP program permanent assignments are made to one of the PSCV disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering, from an accredited university/college or equivalent. GPA 3.0 or better.
- Project Management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated record of solid work ethic
- Prior experience in industrial setting preferred (e.g., internship or co-op experience)
- Ability to work in team-based matrixed environment
- Flexibility to adapt to fluid customer requirements, priorities, and schedules.
- Frequent off-shift coverage and ability to flex schedule to cover weekends is required to support 24/7 test operations.
- Periodic travel to offsite test locations within the United States (WPB, CT, etc) and occasional international travel to test sites around the world.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Secret level security clearance.
- Strong interest in, and acumen for, systems-based analytical thinking
- Self-motivation to contribute to required tasks.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms