EH&S Region LeaderBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01424345 Most Recent Date Posted 05/07/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Pratt & Whitney Central EH&S Site Support Group is seeking a proven, motivated EH&S Professional to join our team as an EH&S Region Leader. The EH&S Region Leader will support select US operations and report to the Associate Director, Site Support. The ideal candidate shall have a proven track record as a site EH&S Professional, a solid working knowledge of the RTX/P&W EH&S Management System, as well as strong program/technical skills and shop floor engagement. This position requires strong initiative and presence, among site leadership and operations, to promote the RTX/P&W safety culture.
• The EH&S Region Leader is a member of the EH&S leadership team, serving as a key point of contact between the PW Central EH&S Department and each site within region.
• The EH&S Region Leader is responsible for driving the EH&S culture and providing superior customer support for all sites within a region. The EH&S Region Leader will maintain a supportive and collaborative relationship with site leadership and EH&S staff to influence the design and rollout of key initiatives and drive site-level execution to achieve desired results.
• The EH&S Region Leader is responsible for cascading policy deployment improvement targets and EH&S strategic direction to Site General Managers, site EH&S Managers and site EH&S Councils.
• The EH&S Region Leader will provide strategic direction and influence, leadership, and technical support to advance EH&S programs, and provide oversight to help ensure all facilities are in compliance with local, state, in-country, and RTX/PW EH&S requirements.
•Assist site with implementation of the RTX/PW EH&S management system. Including, but not limited to:
Data Management & Reporting
Training – lead EH&S onboarding of new or transferred GMs EH&S Professionals
Incident Investigation – facilitate compliance, serious incidents, recordable & lost time investigations; validation of root cause and mistake proof level
Communications – establish routine communications with site EH&S teams; solicit and share best practices across the region and company; provide regular updates and communications with Central EH&S Leadership and staff. Staffing and employee development. Assist in the hiring and development of site EH&S staff; support career development plans and performance reviews
• BS degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Health & Safety or related technical discipline with five or more years of experience or MS degree with seven or more years of experience.
• 5+ years of experience in the above-mentioned job responsibilities in an industrial manufacturing environment. Preference is for at least 3 years as Site EH&S Manager, directly supervising EH&S or other professionals.
• Seeking highly motivated individual, with strategic leadership ability and excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to influence all levels of management to achieve desired results.
• Change agent who anticipates potential issues and impact on the business, and proactively resolve with minimal supervision. Continuous Improvement experience e.g. ACE, Six Sigma, LEAN etc. strongly desired.
US Citizenship required due to government contracts
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms