Business Analyst, Tech Pubs Change ManagementBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01481647 Most Recent Date Posted 10/25/2021 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So - calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The CEE Maintenance Data Engineering (MDE) team is responsible for development, validation, distribution/sales and customer support of all maintenance procedures and common standard practices and operating procedures (SPOPs) needed to fully maintain and overhaul an engine and its major components, both on-wing and in a shop environment.
This is a hybrid role sitting in East Hartford, Connecticut.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for change management coordination of engine maintenance data. The candidate will be a focal for receiving, researching, assigning, and tracking publication changes to closure for scheduled technical publication revisions.
You will work with suppliers, customers, program leads and source data providers to ensure the timely processing and delivery of technical publication changes that meet program level requirements for engine certification, engine entry into service and sustainment activities for various Pratt & Whitney engine programs
- Receive, review, and approve incoming engineering source data to determine engine manual impact.
- Coordinate assignment and scheduling of incoming work with program leads and suppliers.
- Input assignments and create manual change requests for tracking and scheduling of workload.
- Work with program leads on program specific issues, priorities, and workload.
- Work with leads and suppliers on internal and external roadblocks preventing tasks from being incorporated within a given revision cycle.
- Support program leads with program specific data requirements to ensure proper support of airframers, airline customers and overhaul shops as it pertains to maintenance data requirements
- Collaborate with CEE MDE colleagues to identify and implement process enhancements that support our business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Management and Engineering for Manufacturing degree required.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in a customer support/engine maintenance/project management role
- US Citizenship is required due to Government Contracts.
- Demonstrated success with tracking and scheduling of work assignments
- Demonstrated success in managing projects, suppliers, and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in parallel
- Familiarity with aircraft engine hardware and overhaul maintenance
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills (clear and concise in written and verbal communications)
- Able to assess and process business needs quickly
- Able to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Sharp focus on customer service and support
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, and capable of independent work
- Ability and capacity to gain a thorough knowledge of the relevant specialty area
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms