Technical Program Manager III- WirelessBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Crossover Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 177615BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/23/2021 City Dulles State VA Country United States
The Technical Program Manager will inherit full accountability and authority for developing and managing assigned internal and external programs. The effective candidate thrives equally in informing/architecting the future and setting the necessary program plan for execution of strategically significant efforts across multi-functional teams. By nature of this role, the Technical Program Manager understands and owns cost, schedule, and technical performance of assigned efforts.
Because this role also oversees the creation of future discriminators, the effective candidate will have an understanding of new business creation and thrives in customer-facing meetings. Further, this role mandates a Technical Program Manager that is entrepreneurial and drives/assists in the pursuit of technology development efforts with customers across the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD). Results in this aspect means that they agilely listens to customers, then translates their needs toward capabilities.
This unique portfolio of technical programs and internal efforts requires familiarity with the following technologies: modern communications signals, RF path optimization, COTS Integration, Software and Hardware Development. Additionally, the effective technical program manager will be skilled in change management and knowledgeable in transitioning emerging technologies from a design concept to a RDTE-worthy program. The Technical Program Manager acts as the primary customer contact on status and performance and interfaces regularly with suppliers / subcontractors as well as senior key team members for coordinating / costing proposals.
Applied Signal Technology, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS), provides trusted strategic and tactical Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) solutions to secure the interests of the U.S. and its partners.
AST’s work in real-time signal processing, high-capacity broadband communications, modern signals and telecommunications protocols, wireless communications, ISR, precision geolocation of RF emitters, real-time data analysis and sense-making, and data network operations provides a technically challenging environment. AST’s Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) and direct mission customer engagement means you can see how your efforts closely impact customer missions. AST’s work environment is passionate, highly collaborative, and provides employees the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and creative ideas, and work closely with our customers while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance.
U.S. Citizenship is required, as this position requires an ACTIVE DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance on day one of employment.
• 10+ years of technical contribution and guidance for projects supporting SIGINT missions with a minimum of 3 years’ experience developing multi-disciplined teams in a matrix organization (i.e., resources are shared and constrained).
• Demonstrated knowledge of program management processes for implementation of complex proposals / programs.
• Experienced with guiding a multi-functional team from proposal generation through contract award / completion including experience managing cost, schedule and technical aspects of a program.
• Demonstrated Experience as a Technical Lead and/or PM working in the defense and aerospace market domestically with commercial companies or with the U.S. Department of Defense or other Government agencies.
• Excellent understanding of various US Federal contract types (Cost Plus, Fixed Price and Time and Material) and the required levels of financial reporting.
• Knowledge and understanding of Earned Value Management, Risk Management and other organization tools / metrics essential for project monitoring and control.
• Demonstrated acumen in Work Breakdown Structure across project team and stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to define programs at the task level; this includes task definition, duration, and relationship to other tasks, as well as resource loading programs to create measurable schedules
• Experience in developing teams in the management of program assumptions, risks, and opportunities
• Demonstrated communication/presentation, critical thinking and problem solving skills with an attention to details.
• Ability to schedule, coordinate and act as Chair in teleconferences with external customers.
• Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
• Up to 25% of Domestic Travel required
• This position will be located in Dulles, Virginia
- Significant experience/expertise in the following fields:
- Wireless telecommunications signals and protocols expertise
- Digital signal processing
- FPGA and DSP design and development
- Advanced RF Design for SIGINT Mission Applications
- IC Software Frameworks such as REDHAWK and XMIDAS
- Advanced antenna arrays; Electronically scanned arrays
- RF Interferometry beamforming
- RF detection and geolocation
- Multi-INT Collection, Processing, and Sense making
- SIGINT Mission Systems Engineering
- SIGINT Mission Planning, Processing Exploitation and Distribution (PED), and ISR Graphical User Interfaces.
- Possesses Full Scope Polygraph
- SIGINT Subject Matter Expertise
- Intelligence Community Expertise
- Excellent presentation (oral and written) skills.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Raytheon PL5 certification or equivalent within 1 year of assignment.
Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or relevant technical field from an accredited university.
Preferred: Master Degree and/or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.