Supply Chain Advisor/SubcontractsBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Job ID 169196BR Date posted 09/24/2020 City TX State Aurora Country CO
Raytheon RIS is seeking a Supply Chain (SC) Advisor, who will report to the Manager, RIS SC Advising, in Aurora, Colorado. As an SC Advisor, this person primarily provides advice, assistance and drafting support in the areas of procurement and subcontract administration.
The SC Advisor will: review purchase order and subcontract documentation for appropriate procurement attachments and terms and conditions which comply with applicable company policies and procedures, internal guidance briefs, federal, state, and local laws, as well as the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and supplements thereto; draft terms and conditions that provide the best protection and benefit to the company under the circumstances of the specific situation; research legal issues for management or the General Counsel's office; advise buying personnel, subcontract managers, SC managers, and program managers on contract issues such as warranty interpretation, limitations of liability, termination for convenience or default, preservation of rights, novation’s, complex software licensing for both COTS and FOSS software, intellectual property issues, teaming agreements and alternatives to teaming, and proprietary information agreements; help establish negotiation objectives, and assist in negotiations regarding contract clauses and deviations from standard provisions; review and advise SC on performance issues such as insolvency or the need for source code escrow; assist management in the streamlining of business processes, policies and in oversight reviews; keep requesters informed of progress and handle short time frames; provide training; support SC across the RIS Business Unit, and support the cross-Business Unit Advisors Group; review complex intellectual property issues with Intellectual Property Counsel as appropriate; and maintain active communication with requesters, management, and General Counsel's office on significant legal problems and issues.
This position’s preferred locations are Aurora, CO, Dulles, VA, or Plano, TX. Other locations may be acceptable dependent upon business needs.
- Experience with Supply Chain, Government contracts, commercial contracts, or legal experience, or a combination thereof.
- Must be US citizen with U.S. security clearance or ability to obtain. Can be initially hired without a clearance or access, but candidate may be required to complete forms, obtain, and maintain appropriate clearance and access in a reasonable timeframe.
- Knowledge of legal areas involving the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), supplements to the FAR, and government contract procurement processes highly desired.
- Must be detailed oriented, have deep analytical skills, and excellent ability to develop options and solutions that are practical and can be readily acted upon.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Must be able to conduct legal research.
- Should have a cheerful "can do," cooperative attitude, but strong when necessary to comply with company policies and Government regulations and laws.
- Must demonstrate flexibility while providing the best protection and benefit to the company under the circumstances of the specific situation.
- Must be highly collaborative, for regular interaction with RIS SC Advising, OGC, Supply Chain personnel, and other businesses and functions.
- Strongly prefer applicant have a Juris Doctor (law degree). Admission to a State Bar, such as the Colorado Bar, or the District of Columbia Bar, is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with Supply Chain (SC) processes and procedures is preferred.
- Knowledge of export/import law and issues is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in reviewing free and open source software (FOSS) and providing guidance is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the FAR and Government contract procurement processes is preferred.
- Significant legal, Government contracts, or SC experience in areas relevant to the required and desired skills mentioned above is preferred.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 169196
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.