Sr Systems Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 164158BR Date posted 07/01/2020 City Dulles State VA Country United States
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
Raytheon Technologies delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. RIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, including a large presence in Dulles, VA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
The Raytheon Technologies Hardware and Infrastructure Engineering (HW&I) team has a professional opening for a Senior Systems Engineer. This position will perform network and infrastructure engineering tasks pertaining to LAN/data center system design, development, implementation, integration, and troubleshooting activities. The qualified individual should possess knowledge and experience with network technologies, services, operations, and security. The ability to obtain a US Government TS/SCI security clearance is required for this position (US citizenship required).
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus of up to $40k for a candidate with a current verifiable TS/SCI clearance that is hired by Raytheon Technologies.
Raytheon Technologies is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who feeds off the challenge of rolling up their sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day, is a passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience in design, implementation and administration for hardware and systems portfolios.
- Proficient at building, maintaining, managing and monitoring servers running Linux
- Working technical knowledge of Linux operating systems including RHEL and Ubuntu.
- Knowledge and experience of Application and Security protocols, such as Solarwinds, HBSS, Certificates & Tokens, RSA, McAfee SIEM, McAfee SIEM, McAfee IPS/IDS, Rubrik Host Backup System, SAN storage, and Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and support of VMware’s product line, including vSphere, vCloud, Director,View and SRM.
- Experience in working with highly hardened/secure environments
- Knowledge of the concepts and techniques of server architectures, hardware, and software.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, IPSec, GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques.
- Expert understanding of Internet routing, BGP, OSPF, Tunneling, Ethernet switching, Linux, and related networking technologies
- Strong communicator with the ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- High level of motivation, self-starter, ability to demonstrate effective project management and completion of complex network tasks with little guidance
- Excellent time management skills
Highly valued skill sets:
- Proficient and self-reliant in at least one modern scripting or programming language such as Python, and Go.
- Familiarity with systems configuration management, orchestration, and infrastructure as code with tools such as Ansible and/or Terraform
- Familiarity with networks
- Experience with VMWare or KVM
- Experience with public cloud offerings
- Experience as a system administrator for a Splunk cluster, or similar SIEM platform
- Install, configure, and maintain a SAN
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory
Education:Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College and 6 years of related work experience.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.