Sr Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 189873BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/11/2021 City Dulles State VA Country United States
The Sr. Linux Engineer applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments. Responsible for ensuring the protection of company data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification.
- Must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret with SCI eligibility
- Must be able to obtain DHS program suitability prior to starting employment
- Five (5) years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain
- Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
- IDM/Free IPA
- Open Nebula
- Satellite Server
- Training/certification in any of the following strongly desired:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- A Master's degree may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
- Eight (8) additional years of professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment or submit to regular COVID testing.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.