Senior Proposal AnalystBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 170433BR Date posted 10/27/2020 City Dulles State VA Country United States
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
This is a high visibility senior pricing position within a dynamic organization focused on creating winning cost proposals to help achieve Raytheon’s business goals. This includes proposal development for ongoing programs, ECP’s and competitive new business pursuits. The position offers visibility to, and requires extensive contact with all proposal team members, subcontractors, customers, and Raytheon Senior Management.
The qualified candidate will:
• Plan, lead and perform pricing and cost proposal development in accordance with customer requirements and current government regulations, laws and company policies.
• Develop pricing strategies construct pricing models, write compelling cost volumes, meet schedule and compliance requirements in order to submit compelling and winning cost volumes.
• When required, develop complex Excel cost models to support proposal efforts for customer submission, pricing strategy, should-cost exercises and pricing reviews with management.
• Be responsible for all pricing support functions from pre-RFP activities through proposal negotiations. Effectively organize and lead a pricing team in support of large sole-source and competitive proposals.
• Have the ability to perform the duties of a cost volume manager including the analysis of customer requirements, proposal strategy development, price to win analysis, proposal development and production and coordination and interface with other organizations involved in the proposal process.
• Conduct detailed analysis as necessary to support and impact proposal quality, cost realism and reasonableness via basis of estimate review, historical program analysis and comparison.
• Lead and conduct pricing support to customer negotiation, fact find activity and government audits.
• Provide training and mentoring to junior pricing analysts to ensure organizational capabilities are met and individual growth is accomplished.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Experience in developing competitive new business, follow-on business and engineering change proposals for the government or government prime contractors.
• An in-depth experience in government laws and regulations related to the development and negotiation of cost proposals is required (FAR, DFARS, CAS, TINA).
• Demonstrated ability to lead and support cost volume teams for large sole-source and/or competitive proposals.
• Proven experience in working with proposal teams in a very dynamic environment. Be very detail oriented and have demonstrated ability to think strategically.
• Ability to work both independently and as an integral team member working closely with various functions, including business development, program management, finance, contracts and functional organizations is required.
• The ability to lead, manage and mentor a team of junior pricing analysts is required.
• Advanced Excel modeling skills required (functions and formula creation).
• The candidate must also be willing and able to support proposal activity at other Raytheon locations as needed.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
• Team leadership and the ability to interface with senior management
• Experience with multiple contract types (CPFF, CPIF, CPAF FFP, FPIF T&M) with an understanding of financial implications on program execution on each contract type.
• Advanced level experience with Pricing System software tools
• Customer driven cost model development with advanced MS Excel capabilites
• Current TS/SCI clearance
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business with appropriate major and 4 or more years of applicable experience.
• This position may require access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
• This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.