Cyber Solutions ArchitectBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Job ID 168983BR Date posted 09/29/2020 City Dulles State VA Country United States
Based on these driving forces, Raytheon RIS is looking for Solutions Architects that have a blend of traditional and transformational attributes. In addition to the core responsibilities of current RIS Solutions Engineers, the transformative Cybersecurity Solution Architect would also have a mix of the following attributes:
- Experience working with organizational functions beyond the technical (hardware, software and systems engineering), including; solutions development, capture management, business development, etc.)
- Consultative background with the ability to listen to, and diagnose, customer pain points
- Creativity and entrepreneurial philosophy in implementing new solutions that leverage, and expand upon, IIS traditional offerings
- Problem-solving skills combined with cost-sensitivity
- Passion for unique solutions and the ability to impact, and obtain buy-in for, the solutions internally
- Ability to work across large engineering organizations within a traditional government and commercial contracting environments, while balancing transformation with risk management
Target Abilities and Experience (combination of traditional role and transformational role)
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of applicable experience developing and writing technical solutions for complex proposals, for large complex IT and OT systems, demonstrating a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness
- Excellent background in architecting and designing solutions, and systems integration, as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for proposals and, possibly for enterprise program delivery for customers, including; US Government, US Commercial and International customers
- Act as the program technical SME providing direct support and leadership for technical proposal development, as well as systems delivery results within complex IT environment with high quality, on time and within budget
- Ability and desire to possibly follow your designed and proposed solution from pursuit through customer delivery and execution
- Ability to convert technical bid solutions into new or improved, re-usable and re-sellable offerings by collecting / extracting specific sales and delivery assets (e.g. proposal content, basis of estimates, bills of materials, staffing models, technical transition plans, etc.) and ensuring these assets are loaded into the CTS Catalog
- Ability to act as an individual contributor, and a technical leader, with proven success working within a large multi-disciplined, matrixed teams
- Ability to act autonomously and prioritize your work within guidelines and direction provided by your supervisor
- Ability to combine technical expertise with thorough customer communication skills
- Deep technical background with ability to continually evaluate the needs of new and emerging technologies within Business Units (BUs), markets and accounts (US Government, US Commercial and International) and facilitate the appropriate technical solution proposal, in collaboration with other functions
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with customers and developing technology roadmaps to solve critical pain points
- Ability to contribute to identification, development, and assessment of cross-business opportunities with key accounts
- Proven presentation and communication (written and oral) skills; able to communicate complex concepts to a diverse audience of senior business leaders and customers
- Experience with industry standard technology frameworks and methods
- Ability to assist in strategic planning of new technologies, new partnerships and opportunity pipeline
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a business case for technology investment to senior management and executive audiences
- Working knowledge of industry best practices in IT
- Willingness and ability to quickly expand technical skills, capabilities, and understanding and apply to solution development
- Ability to obtain required clearance level for position
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Experienced as a cybersecurity solution architect, specifically developing, leading and writing the technical solutions for proposal responses, with meaningful knowledge and understanding of a capture and proposal development processes.
- Domain experience across multiple customer markets, including; Defense, Intel, Federal Civilian, Commercial and International markets
- Ability to monitor and mature offerings and solutions consistency across multiple mission area pursuits
- Network System Administration (Firewalls, Routers, Load Balancers, etc.)
- Experienced leading a team of cybersecurity engineers
- Experience with Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM), Security Operations Center (SOC), endpoint protection, log aggregators, zero trust, and network security processes and tools.
- Diverse Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, RHEL, etc.)
- Agile / DevOps (including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery)
- Thorough experience architecting and designing distributed network systems and infrastructure integration
- Experience architecting cloud based security solutions.
- Strong understanding of security tool configuration and integration.
- Deep understanding of edge firewall automation with policy driven asset configuration management
- Operational Technology (OT) monitoring and security architecture expertise a significant plus.
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Cloud Networking, Hybrid Environment, Cross-Domain
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with security hardware and software vendors
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.