Sr Tech Support Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 175455BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City Doha State Qatar Country United States
Raytheon Field Engineering is seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer I to advise and mentor our customers and end users on the operation, maintenance, inspection, and repair of the APG-82(V)1 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) RADAR system on the F/A-15 Aircraft. This position requires in-country and on-site support for the Qatar Emiri Air Force (QEAF) and shall be based in Doha, Qatar.
This Senior Technical Support Engineer shall provide expert level Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) engineering and technical support services to the QEAF fleet on the F-15 APG-82(V)1 RADAR System in Doha, Qatar. The Engineer shall be available full-time on-site in Doha, Qatar. Scheduled shifts will correspond to the customer’s normal work day. Schedules can be modified as needed to adapt to customer operations and optimal support periods. The Field Engineer shall provide on-site proficiency training and advice to the end user of the F-15 aircrafts/radars. The purpose of this effort is to elevate the technical knowledge and abilities of the end user responsible for the independent operation and maintenance of the above equipment/systems. This APG-82(V)1 Engineer will be required to interface daily with the QEAF at all levels, and will be responsible for troubleshooting system failures, reporting anomalies, and interfacing with multiple customers and the Raytheon program office.
Typical tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide APG-82 training to all squadron maintainers and aircrew as needed.
- Perform continuous trend analysis in an effort to capture software/hardware faults.
- Work to improve APG-82 troubleshooting techniques.
- Collaborate with government agencies and other contractors to maintain good communication in support of APG-82 radar.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience operating and maintaining AESA Radar Systems.
- Four (4) years of progressively increasing responsibility in a related field, with a background in avionics radar systems, similar to APG-79 AESA radar systems, troubleshooting and fault isolation.
- Ability to provide on-the-job training to all maintenance personnel covering all phases of maintenance and operation, operational checkout, system analysis, and system/subsystem replacement, adjustment, or services pertinent to the APG-82(V)1 Radar System.
- Ability to providing technical assistance in the interpretation of technical orders, manuals, engineering drawing, and schematics, which pertain to the aircraft APG-82(V)1 Radar System.
- Ability to analyze faults and oversee the troubleshooting and maintenance of the APG-82 AESA or similar system.
- Ability to provide day-to-day technical support and work the required shifts to meet the squadron maintenance schedules.
- Ability to function under operational pressures to meet flight schedules and operational requirements.
- Represent Raytheon to external customers in both CONUS and OCONUS locations as required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to complete comprehensive and accurate reports.
- Ability to interact with military customers and other contractor/government personnel in a diverse team setting.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. SECRET Clearance.
- Hands on experience with the APG-79 AESA Radar.
- US Military or contractor training on AESA Radar Systems.
- Experience working overseas in another country as a Field Service Representative.
- Experience working with other defense contractors, military personnel, and foreign customers.
- Experience working within a Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA).
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Project and/or Access.
- Be a self-motivated and have the ability to perform with limited supervision.
- U.S. SECRET Clearance - (Current Existing Clearance)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and a minimum of 4 years of experience and/or a combination of experience, education, and training may substitute for the degree.
- Shall be able and willing to relocate to Doha, Qatar.
- May require working in a hazardous area (e.g. aircraft carrier environment) while providing APG-82 Radar technical support.
- May require lifting of 50 lb. while working (e.g. flight line), and in shop environments.
- The individual in this position will provide support to the QEAF squadron operations in hazardous avionics and flight line areas.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.175455
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.