The role of the Security Operations Analyst is to perform monitoring and alerting and to support the intrusion detection system aspects for the Monitoring & Vulnerability Analysis Team as a Computer Security Operations Center (CSOC) Analyst Tier 1
having a predefined manifest for processing each alert and handling various situations.In certain cases of potential attack (such as widespread malicious code infections, large scale application attacks, large scale DDoS attacks, complex attacks or traces of a stealthy attack), the CSOC Analyst may be instructed, either by protocol or by managing levels inside Tier 1, to escalate the alerts to CSOC Analysts.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess information network threats such as computer viruses, exploits, and malicious attacks; operate vulnerability assessment equipment in support of intrusion analyses;
- Determine true threats, false positives and network system mis-configurations and provide solutions to issues detected in a timely manner.
- Monitor for potential compromise, intrusion, deficiency, significant event or threat to the security posture and security baseline.Follow intrusion and escalation processes and procedures.
- Perform daily Intrusion Detection System (IDS) analysis/monitoring and generating technical and executive summary reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field, or an equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- 1+ year relevant experience is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- English and/or Arabic fluency
1.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
2.Raytheon is currently looking for talent to fill roles located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia or Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia. It is contemplated that the employer in this case would be a planned Joint Venture between Raytheon and Saudi Aramco affiliated companies that has not yet been formed and is subject to pre-formation regulatory clearances. Employment is contingent on formation of the Joint Venture and offers of employment will not be made by the Joint Venture until the formation is complete.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.