Director of Requirements and Capabilities – Air Force Research LabBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 163768BR Date posted 07/11/2020 City AZ State Huntsville Country AL
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
The Director of Requirements and Capabilities – Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) will act as the AFRL lead for Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) activities responsible for requirements, programming, and acquisition of AFRL programs. As such, the individual should possess deep knowledge of all major AFRL programs to include elements for which AFRL acts as the executive agent in support of other government agencies and services. The individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining trusted customer relationships within AFRL, including identifying key stakeholders, creating, and driving the customer engagement strategy.
The individual will work closely with the Advanced Technology Mission Area to develop execution strategies, plan growth activities, and integrate development programs. They will also maintain close liaison with the broader RMD team across multiple Mission Areas that have overlap with AFRL functions. This role provides proven leadership and expertise to frame and win large, complex, strategic business growth opportunities. This position reports to the RMD OSD Science & Technology Executive, with day-to-day responsibility across multiple RMD mission areas.
The director will be expected to maintain deep threat awareness & apply that to shape AFRL customer requirements approaches, working collaboratively across all Mission Areas to understand company capabilities, identify gaps, and identify solution options. The director must also maintain broad awareness of services’ programs and priorities in order to leverage multiple funding sources and generate new business opportunities.
This position will also take a leadership role in the multi-disciplined capture and proposal process. The director will develop capture strategies offering differentiated customer-focused solutions using in depth research of customer requirements, acquisition policies, and competitive analysis. This position will often represent RMD Requirements & Capabilities and the OSD S&T organization to customers and senior leadership. They will develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers across the RMD business and other capture activities.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with AFRL to understand, frame and characterize the international threat environment
- Apply threat awareness to shaping lab requirement approaches
- Collaborate across RMD Requirements & Capabilities organization to shape solutions
- Support development of comprehensive competitive assessments to quantify the competitive landscape, develop an actionable and timely win strategy, focused on developing competitive advantage, discriminators, strengths and counters to competitor’s discriminators
- Lead capture team members in effective capture methods using lessons learned and best practices from across the company; actively solicit input from key internal and external stakeholders and capture team members
- Develop and support customer engagement plans to align with strategic plan and product transition/marketing initiatives
- Work with multiple teams to coordinate NBI efforts while ensuring strategic alignment
This position requires a current, active U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Current US Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret with SSBI Security Clearance
- 14+ years’ experience; preferably related work experience within the government or defense industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD acquisition environment and the competitive landscape
- Experience in solving Science and Technology operational problems
- Familiarity with engineering development and TRL phased growth
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple organizations to achieve goals
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Engineering, business or other related field
- Ability to communicate directly and effectively with key decision makers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with Federal acquisition process
- Experience with USG Research & Engineering
- Experience with OSD program execution
- DOD or DOE lab experience
- Understanding of current military concepts of operations
- Self-starter with strong collaboration skills
- Experience working Captures and Pursuits within the DoD customer community (i.e. DARPA, etc.)
- Familiarity with Raytheon businesses, policies, and practices
- Ability to execute effectively, using essential diplomatic skills, under stressful and fast-paced conditions
- Top Secret clearance with current SCI/Polygraph
- Master’s Degree; preferably in Business Administration or Engineering
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.