Windows System AdministratorBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 182389BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/06/2021 City Dallas State TX Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) IT team currently has an exciting IT position available that supports our mission of making the world a safer place.
We are seeking a Windows System Administrator that will provide IT systems administration in a Microsoft server and Windows environment. The Windows System Administrator should have a basic understanding of Windows Server internals as well as a solid knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems. This person will be responsible for helpdesk functions, data backups, restores, system patching, and Antivirus definition updates as well as Install and configure software applications requested by end users.
Primary customer interaction involves resolving support issues for the engineering community using helpdesk and task assignment methods, working with cybersecurity professionals to maintain security compliance requirements and documenting and following basic IT processes and procedures.
The system administrator will work as a team member in a diversified technological environment and use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems of a mild to moderate scope and complexity. This candidate will perform “Tier I” desktop support, resetting passwords, installing and upgrading applications, being a first responder to incoming tickets. This candidate will perform asset management tasks such as tracking purchases and receiving and inventorying incoming hardware. Monitor software license expirations. Manage backups, monitor server and workstation health via Splunk.
By any measure, Raytheon Technologies is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities, and new technology immersion. Raytheon has also been recognized for several prestigious awards including Fortune 500, Fortune’s Global 500, ComputerWorld’s “100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017,” and Human Rights Campaign 2017 “Best Place to Work” for LGBTQ employees.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- Active DoD Secret/TS security clearance
- 2+ years of Windows System Admin experience
- Ability to satisfy Department of Defense Directive (DoD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification and a supported Operating System Certification) within 6 months of hire date
- Administer and maintain systems support for software, hardware and servers: test, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve all problems
- Familiarity with Active Directory Object Management (ie. User, computer, groups)
- Provide timely technical support for users and work with them to solve existing problems
- Working knowledge in support of Microsoft Windows desktops (Windows 7, 10)
- System image creation and disk cloning
- Troubleshooting basic workstation and server issues
- Self-Starter, customer focused, adaptable, attention to detail, time management skills, ability to multitask
- Ability to lift 15 lbs.
- Familiarity with Ansible playbooks and scripting
- Microsoft Group Policy fundamentals
- System hardening in accordance with government regulations
- Direct working experience with DFARS, DAAPM, JSIG environments
- Experience VMWare platforms (VMWare workstation, ESX, vSphere)
- Experience with STIG and SCAP tools
- Exposure to agile tools and processes (eg. Jira)
- Powershell or BAT scripting
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or 6 years of related experience or military experience may substitute for some requirements. Military technical certification credit for military experience (* military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service versus civilian training)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.182389
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.