Sr Principal Operations EngrBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 176142BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Dallas State TX Country United States
The Industrial Systems Engineer drives business and process improvements across multiple manufacturing and transactional areas by designing, improving, and implementing integrated systems of people, materials, and equipment. The individual draws upon the specialized knowledge and skill in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences, together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems.
The IE leads initiatives which incorporate best practices in areas such as six sigma, lean manufacturing, and theory of constraints to eliminate process variation and waste and enable increase in capacity, reduction in lead-time, improved process flow and gains in efficiencies.
This position will support the manufacturing design and system thinking of a broad range of world class space payloads, as well as high performance airborne sensors, working closely with the both factory leadership, engineering, automation, and program teams to create, maintain, and optimize world class space and airborne manufacturing. In this role, close cross-collaboration with multiple functions will be critical, as well as, having exposure to other Space and Airborne Systems factories across the US. Additionally, working closely with Space and Airborne Systems’ factory automation team, Industry 4.0 initiatives, and manufacturing at other Raytheon business units.
Typical duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Reviews existing operations, documenting product and information flow in current operations using tools including value stream maps and process flow diagrams; develops recommendations for process improvements (including automation); and leads the implementation of the recommendations.
- Leads factory layout and rearrangement initiatives for optimal process flow and material levels, including kanban/ replenishment levels and material presentation.
- Perform work measurement and variation analysis to identify root cause and develop corrective actions.
- Facilitates and Leads Lean events and mentors cross-functional teams on use of Lean principles & tools.
- Identifies needs for manufacturing simulation models; leads data collection efforts to support model creation. Creates alternate scenarios based on model modifications.
- Develops recommendations for process improvements (including automation and Industry 4.0 solutions), and leads implementation of the solutions.
- Uses system reports to investigate work measurement variances; performs cost/benefit analysis and trade-off studies for methods and productivity improvements.
- Builds and maintains capacity models (equipment and manpower), including gathering of critical data; makes recommendations based on the model outputs.
- Applies statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Ensures Human Factors Engineering disciplines are utilized in production setup, configuration and in new product designs.
- Drives improved manufacturability and testability of products by analyzing historical performance and makes recommendations to Design the teams.
- Participates in new proposals; coordinates data collection based on existing standards and historical data.
- Proficient in data analysis, Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints methodologies/tools
- Strong understanding of Lean principles and implementation of Lean strategies.
- Strong leadership skills, capable of assembling, leading, and motivating effective teams
- Project and change management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Capable of managing the implementation of Business-level projects in a multiple factories
- Strong business acumen, ability to make sound business decisions and present cost benefits
- Capable of managing the implementation of Business-level projects in multiple factories
- Raytheon Six Sigma™ Specialist Qualification or Six Sigma Green Belt Certification equivalent
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Must be a US Citizen as the position will require the ability to access US only Data Systems
U.S. Citizenship status is required as only U.S Citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance
- Experience deploying and supporting automation and robotics systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with digital manufacturing tools and techniques (Delmia, Process Simulate, NX or equivalent)
- Focus on system optimization and transformation through continuous improvement cycles
- Experience with discrete event and/or 3D modeling software (Process Simulator, ProModel, ARENA, etc)
- Self-motivated change agent, has a bias for action and a sense of urgency, demonstrates accountability by holding self and others accountable to the team charter.
- Proficient in Process Simulations and capacity analysis
- Lean Facilitator experience with Value Stream Mapping and leading Kaizen events
- Knowledge in Systems Applications and Products (SAP)
- Experience with transition to build and production readiness processes
- Six Sigma certification, Raytheon Six Sigma Expert, Six Sigma Black Belt, Shingo Certification, or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge in Automation/Industry 4.0: Smart Manufacturing
- Earned Value Certification
Required Education and Job Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of Eight (10) year full-time relevant, progressive work experience
Desired Education and skills:
- Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Industrial Management or equivalent
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.