Sr. Principal IT Architect- DoDBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 164002BR Date posted 07/11/2020 City MA State Tucson Country AZ
Raytheon Technologies’ Missile and Defense (RMD) Digital Technology (DT) organization provides an opportunity to deliver business value by connecting business insight with technical expertise and innovation. We continuously push the envelope to create leading-edge technology solutions to support our global customers and mission.
The Mission Area (MA) Architect has responsibility for the overall architecture within their respective Mission Area throughout the lifecycle of an effort from early capture efforts through bidding, execution, tech refresh and eventual closeout of a program. You will provide technical and architectural leadership to teams across multiple capture and IRAD efforts and be responsible for supporting the overall DT architecture governance within a Mission Area. This role collaborates with peers, stakeholders, and capture and engineering leaders to architect innovative and secure DT solutions for program captures and IRAD efforts. The MA Architect partners with engineering and capture teams as well as DT experts to assess and respond to customer technology requirements and needs leveraging emerging industry and internal DT capabilities that influence our products and create market opportunities. Responsibilities also include architectural and design efforts to develop new capabilities in support of business growth objectives as well as managing and maturing the strategy and architecture development and execution for the Mission Area. This role has ownership of the respective MA architecture, works closely with the Chief Architect and other DT organizations to mature it and ensure adherence to architecture principles and technology standards as part of the architecture governance process.
Successful Mission Area Architects possess proven systems architecture, strategy and infrastructure design skills, apply industry advanced concepts (such as Cloud, Internet of Things, DevSecOps, High Performance Computing and advanced communications technologies) while leveraging excellent interpersonal, and communications skills to develop innovative, robust and affordable digital technology solutions
In this role you will be responsible for:
* Assessing where DT capabilities and emerging technologies can be applied to capture efforts to increase the likelihood our solutions will be selected
* Developing DT pursuit strategies and providing technical and architectural leadership across multiple capture efforts
* Develop Architectures and solutions, conveying these architectures and their benefits in a compelling way in formal proposals to end customers
* Collaborate with business capture teams to develop concepts for communications, computing environments and networked systems, across a wide variety of platforms and environments
* Collaborate with DT directorates and work closely with the Chief Architect to mature mission area architectures and ensure adherence to Architecture Principles and technology standards as part of the architecture governance process.
* Serve as a pursuit author or technical volume lead as appropriate
* Develop strategies and technology roadmaps for the respective mission area
* Create and leverage end customer relationships
* Influence peers to create cross-company solutions in support of company growth
* Leverage Secure architecture solutions for collaborative systems and networks both domestically and internationally, including Import / Export and ITAR/EAR solutions.
Minimum Required Skills:
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, Math or technology/sciences discipline, STEM or equivalent experience and 10 years of directly related experience,.in lieu of a degree 8+ years of additional experience
Experience in technical skills across multiple disciplines, which include: architecture development, cloud enabling technologies (virtualization, automation, scripting), compute, storage, encryption, cyber security, etc?.
Experience in system architecture and engaging customers to develop systems design (including architecture, Conops, and deployment options) for both classified and unclassified processing and communications systems.
Experience in capture and pursuit efforts, especially the early stages of a capture effort including proposal and white paper development
US Citizenship statues required as this position needs active US Security Clearance as of day one of employment, must have a current DoD Secret clearance
Highly Desired Skills:
Innovative and strategic approach to problem solving
Superior written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience working with and presenting to senior business leadership
Influencing decision makers in situations where you don’t have explicit decision authority
Ability to collaborate across multiple virtual and geographically diverse teams
Degree in advanced technical discipline such as Systems Engineering, or Computer Science
Previous experience architecting, designing, building, and supporting solutions in commercial cloud environments
Customer facing DT architecture or pre-sales engineering experience, preferably supporting DT or defense related technology or service solutions
Familiar with project management processes, with a track record of adherence to cost and schedule for areas of responsibility
Prior international experience
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.