Sr. Engineer Product Engineer/ManufacturingBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 190061BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/20/2021 City Dallas State TX Country United States
As a Product Engineer you will be the primary point of contact for all Process and Product Development for a given production program, or developmental effort. This role includes responsibility of assembly methods, material selection, and process development for current and next generation technologies, with a heavy emphasis on “hands-on”, material properties, and automated assembly. You will work hand-in-hand with process engineers, as well as all the various engineering disciplines and to produce microelectronics used in cutting edge military and defense related hardware. By using established statistical process control techniques, experimental designs, material and mechanical design analysis you will help to identify root cause and corrective action for systemic production and design issues, as well as implement process improvements in order to drive down cost and improve yields. Evaluation of materials, equipment and processes (including qualification, acceptance testing, and specification development) will including interfacing with key internal and external suppliers to resolve technical issues. Product Engineers are also often directly involved with our customers and those we deliver hardware to in order to support assembly and integration issues at the next higher assembly. It is truly an all-encompassing position where you can and will be asked to be involved from “cradle to grave” - working from concept, to design and development, to full rate production, sustainment, and in some cases program closeout, and design/development of the next generation solution. Job requires that you interface with all the various functions including quality, reliability, electrical, mechanical, systems, and operations/manufacturing engineering. The role allows for the opportunity to work with some of our senior technical experts, as well as a path to becoming one of our technical fellows, and being a contributing member on Raytheon patents, trade secrets, and innovations.
- 5+ years’ experience in microelectronic assembly, processes, materials and development.
- Experience with PWB or circuit card assembly including surface mount technology (SMT), component under fill, staking, and solvent cleaning processes.
- Personal flexibility to support (on-call and on-site) a 3 shift, 7 day production facility if necessary.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) and statistical data analysis.
- Design of Experiment (DOE) techniques.
- Proficiency in documentation and analysis of results using Excel, Access, Word, AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of advanced adhesives, solders, plating schemes, environmentally protective coatings, and other materials used in the assembly of military grade and space qualified hardware.
- Experience with die bonding, eutectic solder attach, flip chip assembly, hermetic packaging, or automated wire bonding, etc.
- Experience with environmental stress and screening - thermal cycling, acceleration, leak detection, etc.
- Experience with running designed experiments (DOE’s), statistical data handling and analysis.
- Experience with root cause/corrective action and problem solving methodologies.
- Knowledge of non-destructive test – SEM, EDS, FTIR, XRF, X-ray, etc.
- Destructive test – shear, pull, peel, and tensile strength testing.
- Knowledge of Mil-Std-833, J-STD, IPC, and JEDEC test methods.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Ability to work under broad direction and guidelines.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment.
- Willingness to learn assembly processes and to develop a “hands-on” understanding of the equipment.
- B.S. or Higher Degree in Engineering (ME, ChemE, EE, or Materials Science preferred)
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.