Senior Mechanical Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 172894BR Date posted 01/15/2021 City Dallas State TX Country United States
Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) is seeking an experienced Mechanical Lead to fill a Senior Mechanical Engineer position in our Dallas, TX location. This Hardware Engineering position will perform mechanical design and documentation of Antennas, RF Sensors, and supporting Electronics and Sub-systems. The candidate is expected to follow established procedures and instructions while working closely with program and functional leadership to ensure that overall design goals are met. The candidate is expected to have experience in the use of PTC Creo CAD software and have multi-year experience in electronics packaging. The candidate is also expected to be experienced in the use of GD&T for design documentation and fabrication. The candidate will be responsible for developing technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems. The candidate will be responsible for supervising the definitions of mechanical outline and construction details, connector selection and specification, mechanical and assembly drawings, and overseeing electrical layout and the technical data package. Familiarity with CREO and drawing standards. The candidate will be also responsible for meeting cost, schedule, quality, and performance requirements for the finished product. The candidate will work with minimal direction or supervision, while exercising latitude in choosing the technical objectives of the assignment. The position will require frequent interaction with the IPTL, PM, and external personnel. Periodic travel may be required as needed.
• Minimum of six (6) years of experience in the design and manufacturing of electronics packaging for military and aerospace applications
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of GD&T, ANSI drawing standards and first order analysis techniques
• Ability to travel periodically to suppliers and CCA manufacturing facilities to support programs
• Ability to apply basic principles, theories, and concepts within the mechanical engineering field
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• US Citizenship required
• Ability to obtain a Secret US Security clearance within the first year of employment is required
• Eight (8) or more years of industry experience in the design and test of electronics packaging for military and aerospace applications
• Excellent technical background with high technical aptitude
• Experience with PTC Creo CAD software
• Excellent leadership skills and project management skills
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Deep desire to mentor earlier career engineers
• Active Secret US Security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited university with a major in Mechanical Engineering or other related field
Desired Education (including Major): Master’s degree from an ABET accredited university in Mechanical Engineering or other related field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.