Principal Electrical Engr - FPGA DesignBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 169305BR Date posted 09/28/2020 City TX State Dallas Country TX
Within the Antenna Core Products Team, you will be a part of a key role within the Engineering organization by developing the electronics for the defense system products. We engage at the outset of the system development and follow our designs through deployment. Our team helps develop the requirements and bring concepts to life. Our products are deployed all over the world, on the ground, and they reach the exoatmospheric environments and into space. The FPGA team within the Antenna Core Products Department is responsible for the architecture, design, and documentation of deliverable firmware and FPGA embedded processing.
The Electrical Engineer will develop FPGA designs for all major vendors and device families including: Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, and Microsemi. Designs are implemented using VHDL for the following applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) DSP, controls, data links, embedded processing and processor interfaces. Designers work with circuit card designers and systems engineers to develop requirements, architect new parts, collaborative modeling of algorithms, partition and perform code development, simulation, and place and route. Designs are verified against requirements using both directed test and constrained random methodologies. Design support is expected from requirements definition through integration and test. Design documentation and configuration management are required.
- 8 years of FPGA design experience
- Demonstrated experience with digital design and VHDL or Verilog coding
- Extensive experience with Xilinx, Altera or Microsemi/Microchip FPGAs
- Familiarity with the Linux environment and commands Expertise of Xilinx, Intel, Microchip, or Lattice devices and tool flows
- Hands on integration experience with FPGA based systems.
- Expertise in FPGA timing constraints and timing closure Digital signal processing as applied to FPGA Devices
- Knowledge of C programming and scripting languages such as Perl and Python
- Knowledge of embedded systems design utilizing Microblaze, Nios, and ARM processors
- Ability to perform work without appreciable direction
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
BS and 8 years of experience, MS and 6 years of experience, PhD and 4 years of experience.
Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent STEM degree
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. 169305
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.