Multi-Discipline Systems Administrator - Windows/LinuxBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 182362BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/06/2021 City Dallas State TX Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) IT team is seeking a Multi-disciplined Systems Administrator to join our Classified IT support team in Dallas, TX.
The candidate selected for this position will perform Windows, Linux and Storage Administration. Duties for this Systems Administrator role include, but are not limited to, providing computing support to Windows desktop and server environment; troubleshooting and resolving incidents related to software and hardware; assisting in designing, implementing and supporting multi-platform computing environment with varying complexities.
The candidate is expected to work well independently under limited oversight. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving, verbal and communication skills, customer focused, and organized. The candidate also has the responsibility for communicating with parties external to IT such as customers or vendors. The candidate will need to have experience in providing technical solutions to a wide range of problems that are difficult and moderately complex.
Diversity at Raytheon is about inclusiveness — providing an atmosphere where everyone feels valued and empowered to perform at a peak level, regardless of the many ways people are different, including but not limited to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, family history or physical ability.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active Secret as of day one of employment.
- Strong Windows and Linux operating systems experience
- Experience in storage technologies (e.g. EMC, NetApp or Sun Storage)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Demonstrated VMWare VSphere (e.g. ESXi, vCenter) administration and support
- Demonstrated experience with vulnerability scanning and threat mitigation technologies
- Demonstrated Storage infrastructure operations and architecture knowledge
- Systems deployment, administration, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Infrastructure backup, restore, disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Critical thinking – ability to solve technical problems independently and with collaborative teams
- Position may require some travel
- Ability to lift 15 pounds
- Active Secret security clearance is required
- Effective written and interpersonal communication
- Experience with Centrify
- Understanding of network services as related to Microsoft Windows environment (e.g. DC, GC, DNS, DHCP, CIFS, etc)
- Understand common security product (e.g. Splunk, Ivanti, Nessus etc)
- Infrastructure as Code experience (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Automation via scripting (e.g. Ruby, Perl, Erlang, Python, PowerShell, etc)
- Security+ certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or 8 years of related experience or Military experience may substitute for some requirements. Military technical certification credit for military experience (* military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service versus civilian training)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.182362
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.