Director II-Program ManagementBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 168752BR Date posted 09/25/2020 City CO State Aurora Country CO
Communications & Airspace Management Systems (CAMS) is a product line within Raytheon Intelligence & Space. The CAMS product portfolio includes protected satellite communications, cryptographic solutions, airborne mission computers, secure data links, identification friend or foe and air traffic systems.
Reporting to the Vice President, Communications & Airspace Management Systems (CAMS) the Sr. Director, Tactical Communication Systems (TCS) will be responsible for leading a global matrixed organization that specializes in Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) systems, Data Links networking solutions, and advanced Cryptographic systems. This position has significant responsibilities at the following sites: Aberdeen Proving Grounds and Annapolis Junction, MD; El Segundo and Fullerton, CA; Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, IN; Morrisville, NC. At this time, location is negotiable.
The Director, Tactical Communication Systems, will manage a portfolio of programs to deliver the short term and long term financial and business goals of CAMS and R&IS. The position drives business performance and growth through a leadership team comprised of a multinational workforce and helps to set the vision and execute strategic plans and direction, lead change efforts, and focus and motivate the product line and platform teams to achieve established goals. The Director, Tactical Communication Systems is also responsible for establishing and growing strong domestic and international customer relationships to sustain and grow the business.
The person to hold this position will be a senior leader who is known and respected within the military, defense and global markets of the customer base of tactical communication systems. This person will be a visible role model of leadership, excellence, vision and integrity and will successfully execute technically complex, highly competitive programs of significant size, and represent the business appropriately to Raytheon.
Key Objectives: Product and program management responsible for executing business strategy to ensure customer satisfaction in delivering quality products and services within a technically complex and highly competitive market. Accountable for driving global business growth targets and expansion into parallel markets including cash flow, margin, working capital, and inventory.
Partnerships: Partners closely with the Vice President, Communications and Aircraft Management Systems and greater Raytheon businesses and most importantly, customer community to execute strategy to ensure successful operations while meeting customer requirements/expectations.
Organizational: Provides leadership to and directs all TCS functions to achieve business objectives, financial commitments, and customer expectations. Ensures organization alignment to the mission and business objectives to effectively perform and execute throughout all functions and levels within the business to meet customer requirements.
Leadership: Establishes and maintain collaborative relationships while enhancing new and continued partnerships with key stakeholders internally and externally. Aligns the product line with vision, strategic direction, execution and operational plans to include finance, program management, business development, contractual negotiations and commitments, engineering design and development, and legal, human resources and integrated supply chain management.
Experience and competencies in the following areas:
- Minimum of 14 years of applicable professional experience.
- Broad, global experience in managing businesses and full cycle program execution to ensure customer and business requirements are met.
- Developing and executing a growth strategy based on solid strategic planning.
- Creating and capturing new business.
- Demonstrated ability to influence; action-oriented leader who values collaborative teaming.
- Leading through product area directors, program managers and functional leaders to set vision and direction, establish plans and strategies, and motivate the Tactical Communication System product line to achieve established goals.
- Focus on process, agility and responsiveness.
- Developing partnerships and alliances and to create cross-organizational teams focusing on business capture.
- Driving teams to continuously improve leveraging R6Sigma talent, tools and processes.
- Solid understanding of industry and Tactical Communications with Crypto experience.
- Solid understanding of U.S. and International Government procurement practices, prime contractor and subcontractor relationships, and decision points within the acquisition process.
- Strong understanding of EX/IM processes
- Success with international customers and business partners in business development, negotiations, capture and program execution.
- Program leadership, financial management: P&L experience of a significant organization.
- Solid track record of winning competitive contracts in excess of several hundred million dollars.
- Ability to operate effectively and thrive in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment, creating bonds of trust and clear understanding of mutual interests.
- Conversant and credible in discussing technical matters in a technical setting; possess technical acumen and has experience in technology development.
- 16 years of applicable experience
- Leading change efforts and aligning the business with changes in the market.
B.S. degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related field is required and an M.S. or MBA is preferred.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 168752
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.