Staff Research Engineer, Cyber Security - Trusted ComputingBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01442725 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Penrose Wharf State Cork Country Ireland
Location:LOC9008: United Technologies Research Center Ireland , 4th Floor, Penrose Business Center, Penrose Wharf, Cork - Ireland
ATC Ireland seeks candidates with expertise in software engineering and/or embedded systems with a focus on trusted computing for cyber-security requirements to join our Systems Analysis & Assurance group in Cork, Ireland.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong mix of academic background and applied experience in the design and development of research prototypes of emerging cyber-security solutions based on Trusted Platform Modules (TPM) and Trusted Execution Environment(TEE) , secure software development, blockchain applications and monitoring, and a passion for applying these skills within the aerospace domain.
This is a research-focused role. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate outstanding track records applicable to one or more of:
- Design, analysis, simulation, development and/or verification of cyber-security solutions in the broad ICT domain with a focus on embedded systems
- Secure software design cycle using model-based tools and methods for system resilience and security properties
- Threat modelling and risk assessment in all-system security
Knowledge of secure software development practices employing cryptographic solutions is preferred but not required.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Contribute to a growing research agenda for future aerospace systems within the Collins Aerospace Advanced Technology research community.
- Execute R&D activities within an international research community, including technology development within collaborative EU research projects (under e.g. Horizon Europe, Clean Sky, ECSEL).
- Provide competitive advantage for Collins Aerospace business units as part of a multidisciplinary and international team of experts.
- Contribute towards technical strategy and business development.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn and passion for speed and agility.
- Well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
- Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas.
- Able to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
- Able to partner with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
Education & Experience
- A PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, with a few years of industrial or academic experience, or a Master’s degree with significant experience of industry or academia.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms