Staff Research Engineer, Custom MicroarchitecturesBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01423800 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Penrose Wharf State Cork Country Ireland
Location:LOC9008: United Technologies Research Center Ireland , 4th Floor, Penrose Business Center, Penrose Wharf, Cork - Ireland
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
ATC seeks candidates with proven research credentials in embedded system design, and in particular high-performance microarchitecture design, to join the Networks & Embedded Systems Group in Cork, Ireland.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong mix of academic background and applied experience in the design and performance evaluation of customized heterogeneous computing architectures for FPGA and ASIC target platforms, and a passion for applying these skills in specialized aerospace applications. Application of high-level synthesis and high-level hardware abstraction languages for developing hardware architectures based on the open RISC-V ISA will be a major focus for this position.
This is a research-focused role. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate outstanding track records applicable to one or more of:
- Design techniques for custom heterogeneous embedded computing architectures for critical applications, including development and integration of custom instructions and accelerator extensions for application-specific needs.
- Architecture exploration and evaluation, automatic code generation, formal verification, and runtime monitoring for multicore and heterogeneous system-on-chip platforms.
- Implementation of advanced computer vision or signal processing proof-of-concept demonstrators on FPGA or multicore platforms.
Knowledge of advanced HDL techniques including CHISEL, CLASH, and ChipYard-based toolchains is highly desirable but not essential. Familiarity with high-assurance runtime environments based on microkernel (seL4) or separation kernel (PikeOS, LynxSecure) technology is also highly desirable. Familiarity with cybersecurity hardening of embedded systems is also desirable.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Contribute to a growing research agenda for future aerospace systems within the Collins Aerospace Advanced Technology research community.
- Execute R&D activities within an international research community, including technology development within collaborative EU research projects (under e.g. Horizon Europe, Clean Sky, ECSEL).
- Provide competitive advantage for Collins Aerospace business units as part of a multidisciplinary and international team of experts.
- Contribute towards technical strategy and business development.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn and passion for speed and agility.
- Well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
- Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas.
- Able to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
- Able to partner with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
Education & Experience
- A PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, with a few years of industrial or academic experience, or a Master’s degree with significant experience of industry or academia.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms