Staff Research Engineer, Communications (Global Networks)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01423804 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Penrose Wharf State Cork Country Ireland
Location:LOC9008: United Technologies Research Center Ireland , 4th Floor, Penrose Business Center, Penrose Wharf, Cork - Ireland
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
CATC seeks candidates with proven research credentials in communication system design to join the Networks & Embedded Systems Group in Cork, Ireland.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong mix of academic background and applied experience in the design and performance evaluation of emerging global communications networks, particularly those based on satcom, 5G, VHF, and HF, and a passion for applying these skills within the aerospace domain.
This is a research-focused role. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate outstanding track records applicable to one or more of:
- Performance analysis and simulation of global communication networks, including coverage, availability, latency, and resiliency estimation.
- Comparative analysis, modelling, and simulation of communication physical layer protocols, network topology, routing algorithms, and the resulting impact on network reliability and performance.
- Analysis of overall performance of heterogeneous network architectures
Knowledge of approaches for validation & qualification of performance requirements in high-assurance wireless systems is desirable but not essential. Familiarity with GNSS and terrestrial radionavigation system design is also desirable but not essential.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Contribute to a growing research agenda for future aerospace systems within the Collins Aerospace Advanced Technology research community.
- Execute R&D activities within an international research community, including technology development within collaborative EU research projects (under e.g. Horizon Europe, Clean Sky, ECSEL).
- Provide competitive advantage for Collins Aerospace business units as part of a multidisciplinary and international team of experts.
- Contribute towards technical strategy and business development.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn and passion for speed and agility.
- Well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
- Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas.
- Able to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
- Able to partner with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
Education & Experience
- A PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, with a few years of industrial or academic experience, or a Master’s degree with significant experience of industry or academia.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms