Sr. Principal Systems Engineer - Radar SMEBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 167974BR Date posted 09/04/2020 City CO State Colorado Springs Country CO
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Raytheon Technologies (RTX) offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The Algorithm & Simulation (A&S) Directorate is responsible for algorithm development including radio-frequency (RF) and electro-optical/infrared (EO-IR) Signal Processing; Guidance, Navigation, and Control; and missile-and-sensor-level Modeling and Simulation for RMD's broad portfolio of projects, programs and products. The MSA teams within the A&S Directorate provide, develop, and maintain high fidelity performance simulations (including multiple sensor channels, scene generation capability, control hardware, physical environment, and embedded software), execute system performance analysis (including pre-flight prediction, post flight matching, and verification and validation), support new business initiatives and develop & execute technology roadmaps. Our portfolio includes surface Navy, undersea Navy, missile defense sensors, interceptors, command and control, integrated air and missile defense systems and space surveillance systems.
In our experience, diversity of talent and thought is what drives innovation and we are looking for motivated engineers with subject matter expertise on Missile Defense Agency (MDA) radars at our Schriever AFB, Colorado location. The Systems Engineer will work with a team of engineers and analysts on the system architecting, development, test and integration of a suite of MDA sensor models (e.g. AN/TPY-2, SBX, Cobra Dane, and UEWR) used for element and system level analysis and verification and validation.
- 10+ years of experience in system/software engineering Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following radar systems (AN/TPY-2, SBX, Cobra Dane, UEWR)
- Familiarity with distributed computing systems and/or real-time computing/messaging systems.
- Knowledge of system/software development life cycles and agile development practices.
- Experience developing System Engineering artifacts such as architectural roadmaps
- Familiarity with UNIX, and/or Linux operating systems.
- Ability to work at a government facility within a multi-contractor team environment.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Familiarity with the OSM M&S Familiarity with Matlab, MySQL, and SharePoint, or related applications.
- Experience in complex system assessment/analysis; with exceptional attention to detail. Knowledge of system architectures, networks, and operations.
- Experience in engineering M&S systems using an optimistic discrete event simulation platform
- Experience with risk management, issue resolution, problem solving and customer service.
- Ability to configure, modify, and use plug-ins Agile Development Tools such as Jira/Gitlab
- Missile defense domain knowledge
- Familiarity with the Objective Simulation Framework (OSF) and Modeling and Simulation Web Services (MWS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related discipline.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
At Raytheon Technologies, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon Technologies employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
We have been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon Technologies offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon Technologies offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon Technologies’ Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.