Network EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 180720BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/04/2021 City Colorado Springs State CO Country United States
Colorado Springs CO
The Sr Systems Engineer will be part of the Network Development team and assist the senior network design engineers with the design and development of network components supporting the C2BMC BMDS Communications Network. Specific areas include design, implementation, integration, and testing as well as support of the network development life cycle with peer reviews, documentation and configuration management adhering to the project level process plans.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Basic knowledge of network architecture, engineering, design, implementation, and testing
- Understanding of network communication protocols and network routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP) and IP network troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of network testing methodologies using routers, switches, and firewalls
- Knowledge of TCP/IP behavior, network communications and routing protocols, network traffic analysis and troubleshooting experience
- Certifications in the industry vendor Juniper or Cisco a plus.
- Clearance Requirement: Active/Current Secret Clearance
- Effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers
- Familiarity with network communication products including router, switches, firewalls, Domain Name Servers (DNS) and data encryption products
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Experience in DoD authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (Taclanes, TACACS+, RADIUS, Active Directory, GEM-X). Experience in Network Management Systems (HP Network Node Manager or Solarwinds or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, or Gigastore)
- Knowledge, skill sets or experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (e.g., Wireshark).
- Experience in Network Management Systems (HP Network Node Manager or Solarwinds or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, or Gigastore)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience.
- Minimum requirements of DOD 8570 IAT II certification (Security +, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP).
- Travel may be required including OCONUS to support site deployment of spiral upgrades.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $78,900 to $146,000; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment180720
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.