EH&S ManagerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01418564 Most Recent Date Posted 05/07/2021 City Clayville State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW106: Clayville 2395 Main Street, Clayville, NY, 13322 USA
Area of Expertise:
Position is responsible for managing and leading the Environmental Health & Safety program for P&W – HMI Metal Powders in association with and support of value stream goals, HMI site plans, policies, and procedures. Responsible for providing strategic direction, leadership, and technical support to advance EH&S programs at HMI.
Level of Responsibility:
- Ensure factory is optimized from an energy, water consumption and waste management perspective and be continually exploring new technology to ensure optimization
- Act as the primary EH&S technical resource for HMI and facilitate cohesive management of the EH&S program. Manages all EH&S regulatory requirements. Responsibility for appropriate procedures, approvals, coordination and control of hazardous, regulated and solid waste.
- Develop and implement strategic strategies to eliminate injuries, develop and maintain a culture of safe work practices in daily support to all HMI employees.
- HMI Team lead and coordinator for the Site EH&S Council. Lead meetings to present EHS performance, and proactively identify and promptly address EHS issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
- Provide oversight to ensure the HMI facility maintains 100% compliance at all times while adhering to all federal, state, local and RTX/PW EH&S related requirements.
- Complete all required reporting to government agencies at HMI on time.
- Lead commitment of business unit to implement Site Green Factory and chemical procurement/management systems and meet Site environmental goals.
- Coordinate all internal RTX/PW EH&S audit activity including corrective actions for each audit at the Site.
- Lead/instruct/ensure EH&S training courses per Site Training Schedule to ensure compliance.
- Provide support to drive action plans to meet or exceed corporate goals, manage Tier III audits, ISO 14001, VPP, and all other EH&S external recognition programs.
- As a member of the leadership team, partner with peers to support each other’s professional goal achievement and collaborative talent development of all HMI personnel.
- This role is responsible for the supervision and employee development of a small team.
Education: BS degree preferred in a technical field e.g. chemistry, environmental engineering, chemical engineering, or occupational safety. Completed 30/40 hour course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry (OSHA course) and/or other knowledge of EH&S regulations, practices and procedures
- AA/AS degree w/10–15+ years’ experience
- BA/BS degree w/5–10+ years’ experience
- MA/MS degree w/5-10+ years’ experience
The incumbent is responsible for complying with UTC’s “Code of Ethics,” the “Policy Statement on Business Ethics and Conduct in Contracting with the U.S. Government,” and related policies. In executing his/her responsibilities, incumbent shall take all steps necessary to foster open communications and to support RTX’s compliance, business practices, DIALOG, and Ombudsman programs.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms