Associate Director Missiles & Unmanned ProgramsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01409787 Date posted 09/22/2020 City Chula Vista State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace Aerostructure is looking for an Associate Director of Missiles & Unmanned Programs who will have responsibility to drive and secure current and future pursuits in the Missiles & Unmanned market. You will have P&L responsibility and will manage all the activities for those programs involving various departments and cross-functional teams. In addition, you will be the interface to the customers and will ensure high customer satisfaction through on-time meeting of milestones and parameters as well as the proper execution of all program deliverables from initiation through delivery.
***Open to working in Chula Vista, CA. and Tucson, AZ.***
- With the support of the Business Development organization, drive the identification, pursuit and capture of new programs
- Leads a team of Product Development and Technical leads with overall P&L responsibility for execution of program business plans and strategies
- Serves as the face of the organization to external customers as well as internally within the Company
- Coordinates the negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts in the execution of program tasks and strategies
- Establishes customer-focused performance targets and directs work to achieve these targets and leads overall program performance and success
- Directs all business activities from business development through contract award and execution of the sustaining program portfolio
- This position has overall P&L responsibility for assigned programs and holds primary responsibility for leadership, customer satisfaction, and building solid internal and external business relationships
- Is expected to successfully manage programs within schedule and budget, and lead in analyzing risk and establishing associated contingencies
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas inside and outside the organization to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
- Is a caring people leader, fostering an inclusive team and helping them to develop professionally by providing actionable feedback, and opportunities for training and stretch assignments
- Manages the timely execution and administration of Company contractual commitments with its customer to ensure these requirements are reviewed and implemented internally to meet and exceed performance and business unit targets
- Serves as customer advocate for product development, production support issues and repair and overhaul
- Leads the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operation budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization's interests
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Demonstrated responsibility for program execution to business plans and strategies across geographically-dispersed teams in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Experience managing a team of professionals within a matrixed organization with a value stream environment
- Missiles and/or unmanned airborne vehicle program experience.
- Relevant experience with business pursuit identification, negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for complex programs in the defense industry
- Demonstrated performance in meeting and exceeding contractual commitments and customer expectations in a matrix reporting organization
- Previously demonstrated strong change management capabilities
- Proven exceptional customer relationship management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with, interact with, and influence suppliers, customers, and key stakeholders in a matrixed organization; ability to build strong relationships
- Demonstrated leadership and expertise in continuous improvement and lean business processes
- Continuous Improvement (CI) Driven leader with a strong understanding of the Toyota production system (TPS)
- Able to communicate and make presentations to senior and executive level leadership
- Ability to travel 20% of the time domestically and internationally
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience working with Department of Defense (DoD) customers
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a highly regulated manufacturing environment, preferably in the defense industry
- 6+ years of full life-cycle (front to end process) program/project management and first-hand operationally related experience, including P&L ownership
- Technical/Engineering knowledge and understanding with a degree obtained in an engineering related discipline
- PMP certification
- Security clearance or ability to obtain clearance upon hire
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms