Staff Engineer, Manufacturing EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01408497 Date posted 09/18/2020 City Cheshire State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCT07: S&IS (AIS) - Cheshire Goodrich Corporation, Cheshire, CT, 06410 USA
This position is a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in Manufacturing Engineering who reviews completed layouts, guides lower level engineering personnel, and ensures excellent manufacturing engineering techniques being used. Adapts machine and equipment design, maintains existing quality and resolves problems.
- Works with limited oversight to perform complex activities relating to manufacturing design concepts and specification requirements to ensure full utilization of manufacturing equipment.
- Develops statistical process control quality control methods; continuously monitors and controls the process.
- Analyzes research findings to adapt machine and equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Plans and designs operations sequencing and specification procedures to optimize efficiency and quality in the fabrication of tools and equipment.
- Supports existing product line design activities and/or modification of operational processes to help enhance products and process and ensure that current and future business needs are met.
- Guides lower level staff on engineering design concepts and specification requirements.
- Provides technical leadership and trains professional staff to diagnose and solve problems and build capabilities.
- Designs and plans layout for assembly and materials handling.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Plans sequence of operations and specification procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance for engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position
- Degree in mechanical or industrial engineering preferred
- Project management experience
- SAP experience
- Advanced Excel experience
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms