Supply Chain Co-op (Spring/Summer 2022)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01463842 Most Recent Date Posted 08/25/2021 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of Collins Aerospace. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The Global Strategic Sourcing Intern will report to the Engineered Items (EI) Commodity central organization supporting all Strategic Business Units (SBU) of Collins Aerospace. In their job function, the EI Associate will work with commodity managers and businesses to support, develop and execute strategic sourcing projects, supplier relationships and negotiations that drive cost reduction, while also building upon supplier strategies, in order to support key Commodity/SBU objectives. The Associate will be expected to support and participate in a team environment that is dedicated to continuous improvement while being an active participant in their own skill development. The Associate must have excellent communication skills, project management, and strong analytical capabilities.
The Associate may be responsible to support, manage and lead the following areas throughout the assignment:
- Support cost reduction roadmaps including the execution of key Passport projects
- Support assigned supplier negotiations
- Develop data analytic tool sets that improve efficiency
- Support/develop/manage key supplier relationship strategies
- Evaluate sourcing options to align and leverage business unit awards
- Assist in execution of strategic negotiation workbooks, ensuring on-time completion in accordance with cost and term targets
- Compliance with all aspects of the UTC Procurement Manual, UTC Code of Ethics, International Trade Compliance, & Transition Standard Work (TSW).
- Engage with the relevant tactical procurement team and assist in tracking and driving supplier performance
- Interact with Regional Office personnel such as Delivery Assurance Specialists, Supplier Quality Assurance Representatives (SQAR’s) & the Continuous Improvement Specialists providing procurement & materials management for the commodities
- Other responsibilities as required
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or other related field.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially with Excel and/or other data tools
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently with some direction
- Professional who is results oriented and a team player
- Great collaborator willing to reach out to subject matter experts for help and also be patient and calm under pressure
- Prior internship experience preferred but not required
Travel Requirement: < 5%
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
·Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
·Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success.We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms