SAP Web Development Co-Op (Summer/Fall 2021)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01414149 Date posted 11/17/2020 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
The Customer portal team is software development team within the Digital Technology organization that is responsible for building custom business functionality using SAP Hybris Platform. Hybris developers write programs using Java and Web Technologies that enable new business functionality through Web pages.
Our team designs and develops Web based solutions in collaboration with the SAP functional teams. This team translates business requirements into detailed technical specifications. From those specifications we develop programs that provide applications and solutions that are precise, secure, scalable, and robust.
The candidate for this position will spend about half his or her time on developing Hybris programming skills and the other half helping to manage critical team initiatives such as supporting DEV team in various activities including documenting Business process via Flow charts , supporting server maintenance activities.
- Understand Hybris platform and framework.
- Develop Hybris programming skills.
- Support and assist dev team when needed to develop quality code and associated documentation adhering to team and department development standards.
- Help implement code quality administration tools for general code quality.
- Assist the team manager with various activities in planning, prioritization, communication, documenting, collaborating with other teams and implementing ongoing program monitoring and reporting tools.
- Introduction to the Hybris platform and understanding the framework.
- Hybris program debugging
- Monitoring tools like Dynatrace
- Object Oriented programming
- Program performance optimization and best practices
- Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Preferred Qualifications :
- Candidate must demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Experience / Qualifications
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms