Lead Electronics TechnicianBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01481078 Most Recent Date Posted 11/16/2021 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Are you ready to join a team of passionate multi-skilled engineers and technicians in the development of complex electronics that make people’s lives safer?
We are looking for a highly skilled self-motivated Electronics Technician to help support the engineering team during the development and qualification phases. This position requires an understanding of electronics theory, test and application as well as excellent communication skills and the desire to continuously learn.
- Electronics Lab Technician who will work on a variety of industry-leading avionics from business, regional, air-transport jet aircraft, and military aircraft. Join our highly motivated team in a challenging and rewarding position that has outstanding advancement potential.
- Troubleshoot, repair and modify complex electronic assemblies
- Sets up and operates standard or special test equipment.
- Utilizes predetermined methods, sequences and setups to inspect or test electronic equipment or products, recommends necessary modifications and adjustments to engineers.
- Support EMI and Environmental Qualification planning and test
- Supervise other lab personnel and assign and monitor activities.
- Assemble experimental circuitry according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, verbal instructions, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Create and release test plans for printed circuit assemblies
- Write technical reports and develop charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system operating characteristics, malfunctions, and deviations from design specifications, for review and consideration by engineering team
- Participate in design reviews and technical presentation development and delivery.
- Perform studies and research to make recommendations regarding materials, parts or equipment.
- AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience. OR In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 10 years of relevant experience is required OR A Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 2 years of relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Requires strong troubleshooting skills, hardware knowledge, and comfort with electronic lab tools
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach resources
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms