Accounting Controls SpecialistBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Job ID 01405394 Date posted 07/29/2020 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UTIA2: Corp - IA-Collins 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52227 USA
Raytheon Technologies Corporation (NYSC: RTX) is headquartered Waltham, Massachusetts and is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products, systems, and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. Raytheon Technologies is comprised of four industry-leading businesses: Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 195,000 employees globally. Most importantly, RTX develops future business leaders.
As RTX continues to provide products and services to our global industries, the opportunities for top talent will continue to be unmatched. Our high-performance culture attracts the best people in their fields – people of diverse backgrounds working together to solve complex problems for a better tomorrow.
About This Position:
The Raytheon Technologies’ Compliance Department under the Enterprise Services Global Financial Services (GFS) organization is searching for a dynamic finance professional to step into an Accounting Controls Specialist role. This position represents an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone who seeks to build on their existing Accounting and/or Audit experience through in-depth exposure to a fast-paced international business.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting & Controls of the RTX Compliance Department, this role will have the opportunity to work on new project initiatives in support of the Collins Aerospace Shared Service Centers in Cedar Rapids, Annapolis, and Toulouse.
Responsibilities for the Collins Aerospace Shared Service Centers in Cedar Rapids, Annapolis, and Toulouse include the following:
- Perform annual Sarbanes-Oxley testing procedures
- Support the Collins Aerospace Shared Service Centers Sarbanes-Oxley program for establishing and maintaining adequate internal control over financial reporting
- Assist in completing the annual entity level risk assessment, risk mitigation and internal controls gap assessments
- Participate in the annual Accounting and Controls Assessments (ACA)
- Support the monthly internal controls and compliance monitoring and reporting to evaluate effectiveness and remedial action requirements/guidance
- Provide guidance on RTX Policy, accounting and internal control matters
- Support RTX Internal and external audits
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field required
- CPA/CMA or CPA/CMA candidate preferred
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience in finance and accounting
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Perform assigned duties in a self-directed, timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage priorities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills preferred
- Experience in SAP and/or HFM is a plus
- Strong mindset focusing on identifying inefficiencies and driving operational improvements.
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to solve problems and recommend comprehensive solution
- Effective written and verbal communication skills - Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Proven experience in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.