NDT InspectorBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01473119 Most Recent Date Posted 11/28/2021 City Carlsbad State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW192: Carlsbad 5940 Darwin Court , Carlsbad, CA, 92008 USA
Pratt & Whitney is seeking a highly motivated individual to support research, development, and production of ceramic matrix composite (CMC) turbine components. CMCs are an enabling material that increases the temperature capability of jet engine components. Through successful development and application of these materials, P&W will deliver engines that are more fuel efficient, lighter weight and more durable for commercial and military applications.
The Non-Destructive-Test Technician will be primarily responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of non-destructive-test (NDT) / non-destructive-evaluation (NDE) methods and procedures needed to reveal imperfections, and hidden-features of CMC products. Includes the proper use, and maintenance of measurement tools and equipment.
- Program and operate CT radiography, thermography and ultrasonic inspection systems, including setups and adjustments.
- Determine inspection requirements by interpreting blueprints, work orders, engineering plans, specifications, reference planes, designs sketches and geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Develop methods and equipment to identify and quantify imperfections (surface and sub-surface) and dimension hidden part features.
- Identify and report non-conformances
- Analyze non-conformance data, assess trends and take appropriate actions
- Work within, and advocate, quality and safety standards
- Program machine loading and unloading automation as applicable
- Manually inspect parts with manual measurement tools and methods as required
- Develop measurement programs for use by self and inspectors. Train colleagues on specific parts.
- Optimize inspection methods to reduce cost, process-time, and manage equipment capacity
- Compile and analyze measurement data and statistics to assess measurement methods and process capability. Perform Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GRR) studies.
- Support Root Cause and Corrective Action investigations
- Support general quality activities including receiving inspections, lot traceability and part specific quality certifications
- Support other quality functions including visual and surface-dimension inspections, continuous improvement etc.
- High school diploma with 3+ years of manufacturing quality-control experience
- Level 2 certification in CT radiography.
- Ability to work from 3D-CAD-models, blueprints, sketches, and detailed instruction.
- Must be a US Citizen or green card holder
- Two-year technical degree
- Experience conducting Thermography and Ultrasonic inspection.
- ASQ certification as Certified Quality Technician (CQT), or Inspector (CQI)
- Experience in product development, manufacturing, or inspection within an AS9100 certified aerospace company
- Trigonometry, Geometry, Statistics, and basic math problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with 8D, statistical process control (SPC), FMEA and control plans.
- Ability to read/interpret technical drawings and specifications including ISO/ASME GD&T.
- Familiarity with Volume Graphics software
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms